Free Audio Lectures From Top Colleges and Universities
Free audio lectures are a great way to get education on the go. Some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the world, including Yale, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and UC Berkeley, offer free audio lectures that can be played on your computer, mp3 player, or iPod. Here is a list of some of the best free audio lectures offered through top colleges and universities. Schools offering Animation degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Business, Economics, and Finance Lectures
- Financial Markets Lectures - A series of 26 free audio lectures from Yale's Financial Markets course. Transcripts of the lectures are also available.
- Economic Lectures - These free audio lectures from UC Berkeley offer an overview of America's economic history, microeconomics, and macroeconomics. There are more than 50 lectures in all.
- Aircraft Systems Engineering Lectures - More than 20 free audio lectures from MIT are available in aircraft systems and avionics engineering. These audio files can also be downloaded from iTunes.
- Mechanical Engineering Lectures - This collection of audio lectures from UC Berkeley introduces listeners to the world of mechanical engineering.
- Biomedical Engineering Lectures - Yale offers a great series of free audio lectures that cover frontiers in biomedical engineering. The lectures can also be viewed in video and text form.
- Electrical Engineering Lectures - This series of electrical engineering lectures offers an introduction to digital electronics. Audio lectures can also be viewed in a video format.
- Engineering Ethics Lectures - These free audio lectures are taken from an MIT engineering course. The lectures represent almost the entire course and include accompanying assignments.
- Mathematics and Calculus Lectures - There are more than 25 free audio lectures on multivariable calculus from UC Berkeley. The same lectures are also available in a video format.
- Statistics Lectures - This series of UC Berkeley audio lectures provides listeners with an introduction to statistics.
- Mathematical Methods for Engineers - A series of free audio lectures from MIT's Mathematics Department. Lectures are also available in a video format.
- Introductory Biology Lectures - This course features more than 30 free audio lectures from MIT professor Hazel Sive. Lectures are also available through iTunes.
- General Chemistry - UC Berkeley offers more than 40 free audio lectures taken directly from their on-campus general chemistry course. Lectures can also be viewed as videos.
- Physics Lectures - This series of two free audio lectures, offered through Yale University, teach listeners about the fundamentals of physics.
- Nutritional Science Lectures - This series of UC Berkeley lectures explores nutrient function and metabolism.
- Neuroscience and Behavior Lectures - This course offers over 30 MIT audio lectures on neuroscience topics. Lectures are in mp3 format and can also be downloaded from iTunes.
Miscellaneous Audio Lectures
- English Literature Lectures - A series of free audio lectures from UC Berkeley Professor Charles Altieri. This course examines the history of English, the nature of composition and modern poetry.
- Psychology Lectures - 20 free audio lectures from Yale's Introduction to Psychology course. Yale also provides lecture transcripts and video files.
- Computer Science Lectures - This series of UC Berkeley lectures offers an overview of operating systems and systems programming.
- Modern Poetry Lectures - Students can complete 25 free audio lectures on modern poetry from Yale--includes lecture transcripts.
- Animal Behavior Lectures - This series of MIT lectures explores animal behavior. Lectures include accompanying assignments and study materials.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: