Online Colleges for Casino Management
Casino managers monitor every aspect of a casino, including the gaming tables, staff, surveillance team and cash supply. Find out the courses and programs that could prepare you for this career, along with how to study online in this field. Schools offering Hotel & Restaurant Management degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Aspiring casino managers can find online educational opportunities at the certificate, associate's and bachelor's degree level. Programs can focus specifically on casino management or the broader field of hospitality and tourism management.
What Do I Need to Know about Online Casino Management Programs?
Online casino and gaming management programs are available at the undergraduate level. The most common educational offering is an undergraduate certificate, but associate's degree programs in the field are also available. Online associate's and bachelor's degree programs are also available in related areas, such as hospitality management, which provide relevant training for aspiring casino managers.
You will need a computer with an Internet connection to participate in distance learning studies. Specific software, including Adobe Acrobat Reader and Microsoft Office Suite, may be required, as well as a CD-ROM drive, a printer and a current operating system. It can also help to be self-motivated, since you will be responsible for keeping up in your courses.
What Admission Requirements Do I Have to Meet?
High school graduation or the completion of a general equivalency diploma (GED) typically satisfies admission requirements for certificate and undergraduate degree programs in casino management. However, there are some certificate programs that require students to have completed a minimum amount of college level coursework or have several years of experience in the hospitality industry.
What Kinds of Classes Will I Take?
Casino management requires knowledge in a wide array of subjects. Students take courses that cover the basics of business, as well as industry-specific topics. In associate's and bachelor's degree programs, students are also required to fulfill general education requirements.
Here are some casino management-related course titles to consider:
- Casino Marketing
- Regulatory, Legal and Security Aspects of Casino Operations
- Gaming and Social Policy
- Casino and Resort Financial Analysis
- Casino Human Resources
What Schools Offer Online Certificate Programs in Casino Management?
There are several colleges and universities around the country that offer online certificate programs in casino management, including the following three schools:
- The University of Massachusetts offers a five-course Certificate in Casino Management for undergraduates who have completed at least 24 credits of college coursework or have two years of industry experience.
- A casino management undergraduate certificate program is offered online through the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Northwest Indian College provides a series of online courses that culminate in an Award of Completion in Tribal Casino Management.
What Schools Offer Online Associate's Degree Programs in Casino Management?
There are only a few schools in the country that offer online associate's degree programs specifically in casino management. However, there are more schools that offer associate's degrees in hospitality management that prepare students for a career in the field. Here are a few options to consider:
- The State University of New York (SUNY) at Broome offers an online Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program in casino management.
- Atlantic Cape Community College offers an online AAS in Hospitality Management degree program that prepares students for work in casinos.
- The online AAS in Hospitality Management program at Monroe College provides relevant coursework for aspiring casino managers.
What Are My Options at the Bachelor's Degree Level?
Bachelor's degree programs are not available in casino management, but interested students can get relevant training through bachelor's degree programs in hospitality management. They may also be able to apply the credits earned in a certificate program toward a bachelor's degree.
- In an online Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management program at the University of Massachusetts, students can apply credits from the casino management certificate toward their degree, or they can choose individual courses in the subject.
- Concordia University - Saint Paul offers an online Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management program that includes relevant coursework for future casino managers.
- Through Washington State University, students can earn online a bachelor's degree in Hospitality and Business Management that can help them prepare for careers at hotels, restaurants and tourist destinations like casinos.
Students interested in pursuing careers in casino management can find appropriate training through online certificate, associate's and bachelor's degree programs in either casino management or the related field of hospitality/tourism management.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: