What Top Colleges Have Telecommunications Degrees in Louisville?
Find schools in Louisville, KY, offering telecommunications degrees and programs. Learn about education requirements, school and program information, and tuition rates. Schools offering Electronics & Communications Engineering degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Are you searching for telecommunication programs in the Louisville, KY, area? Read on to learn about school and program options.
What You Need to Know
The Louisville area is home to a number of schools that offer associate's and bachelor's degree programs in telecommunications. Associate's degrees related to telecommunications, such as those in computer information technology, usually take about two years to complete and are offered by two-year, public schools near Louisville. At least one of these schools offers certificate programs in the field as well. Bachelor's degrees in telecommunications take about four years to complete and are available through at least two four-year, public institutions near Louisville. While most of these schools are in KY, at least one nearby school in IN also has relevant programs.
Associate's Degree Programs in the Louisville, KY, Area
Ivy Tech Community College - South Central
This program's networking concentration prepares you for IT and networking-related careers. Available courses in the program include data communications, hardware support and troubleshooting, computer forensics, wireless network administration and Cisco IP telephony. The college also offers certificate programs in areas like routing and switching, network administration, computer information technology, PC support and administration.
- Program Name: Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Technology
- Area of Concentration: Networking
- Program Length: 62-66 credits
- Tuition: $4,115 per year for in-state and $7,992 per year for out-of-state students (2015-2016)
- School Type: 2-year, public; about 5,000 undergraduate students
Jefferson Community and Technical College
Offered at the college's Southwest campus, the computer and information technology program with a concentration in network administration prepares you to design and work with Cisco and Windows network systems as well as telecommunication systems. Courses in the program cover topics like accessing WANs (wide area networks) and LANs (local area networks), routing protocols and concepts, internet technologies, and network fundamentals. The college also offers certificate programs related to the telecommunications industry, such as ones in communications and digital telephony technology.
- Program Name: Associate in Applied Science in Computer and Information Technologies
- Area of Concentration: Network administration
- Program Length: 64-68 credits
- Tuition: $3,704 per year for in-state and $12,536 per year for out-of-state students per credit hour (2015-2016)
- School Type: 2-year, public; 13,550 undergraduate students
Bachelor's Degree Programs in the Louisville, KY, Area
Kentucky State University
This program prepares you for careers in telecommunications and computer technology. The math area of study requires completion of 132-136 credits of study, while the business and information security options require completion of 128 credits. Course topics include computer programming, computer information systems, networking and telecom, database management and network security. Internships and cooperative work experiences are available.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Technology
- Areas of Study: Math, business or information security
- Program Length: 4 years, full-time
- Tuition: $7,754 for in-state and $18,056 for out-of-state students per year (2015-2016)
- Prerequisites: High school courses in English, math, social studies, science, foreign language, history, the appreciation of visual and performing arts, health and physical education as well as completion of seven electives
- School Type: 4-year, public; 1,895 students with 1,754 undergraduates
University of Louisville
In this program, you study information systems, software analysis, database design and the management of information systems. You must also complete a capstone project, but may elect to complete an internship. Upon graduation, you are prepared to work in careers such as data communications specialist, information security specialist or systems analyst.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A.) in Computer Information Systems
- Areas of Concentration: Information security and web development
- Program Length: 4 years, full-time
- Tuition: $10,744 for in-state and $25,050 for out-of-state students per year (2015-2016)
- School Type: 4-year, public; 21,561 students with 15,961 undergraduates
In summary, there are four schools in the Louisville, KY, area that offer telecommunication programs at both the associate and bachelor's level.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: