What Degree Programs Are Beneficial for Business Owners?
Learn more about typical degree programs that are available for business owners. Find out about the educational requirements, specializations, and accessibility for some particular degrees. Schools offering Business degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Degree Programs for Business Owners
Many business owners struggle to effectively manage certain areas of their business, such as managing people, time, or money. Fortunately, courses and degree programs are available to help business owners through the rough patches.
Important Facts About Business Management Degree Programs
|Prerequisites||High school diploma; bachelor's degree; professional experience|
|Degree Levels||Associate degree, bachelor's degree, master's degree|
|Specializations||Entrepreneurship, finance, healthcare management, information management|
|Online Availability||Full and partial online learning available|
Courses for Business Owners
Educational courses beneficial to business owners are readily available. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offers several free courses (www.sba.gov). These include useful tools for starting businesses, business management, marketing and succeeding during a time of economic downturn. The courses can be completed quickly and include the following:
- Small Business Primer: A guide to starting a business that includes a look at what you'll need and how to get up and running.
- How to Prepare a Business Plan: Business owners can prepare effective, working business plans.
- Strategic Marketing: Provides an overview about winning customers in a slow economy.
- Marketing for Small Business: Identifies marketing techniques for small business owners and includes market research, advertising, customer service, pricing and e-marketing.
Schools With Business Management Degree Programs
Many colleges and universities, including community colleges, offer business degree programs and courses that can meet the different needs of business owners. Most of these degree programs include courses that cover starting up, management, human resources and organization. Online courses and programs are also available. Online courses and programs are flexible so business owners can take them around their busy schedules and choose a course or program that they believe will be most beneficial. Some schools offering online programs include:
- Arizona State University
- University of Maryland
- Temple University
- Ball State University
Specific Programs Useful For Business Owners
Degree programs provide business owners with the skills and knowledge to run their business in a successful manner. Many programs include an internship that helps students put what they have learnt to practical use. Specific degree programs that may help include those listed below:
- Associate of Science in Operations Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in marketing
- Master of Science in Business Continuity, Security and Risk
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: