What Is the Curriculum of an Online Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Management?
An online bachelor's degree program in exercise management is designed to teach you the fundamentals of fitness as well as the basics of business. Such education could prepare you to keep a fitness enterprise running smoothly. This article looks at the curricula of online exercise management degree programs such as the Bachelor of Science in Sport and Fitness Management. Read on for further information. Schools offering Exercise Science degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
About Online Exercise Management Bachelor's Degree Curricula
An online degree program in exercise management, fitness management or a related field should blend exercise science and business management courses. This broad curriculum can help prepare you to design and operate fitness programs in hospitals, rehabilitation clinics, sports clubs or health and fitness centers. The core curriculum of an exercise management program might include the following courses:
Important Information About the Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Management
|Degree Fields of Study||Business, education|
|Concentrations||Coaching, sporting event management, sports law, coaching|
|Possible Careers||Sales, public relations, consulting, business development|
|Key Skills||People skills, teamwork, communication skills, decision-making, organizational, strong value system|
General Health and Nutrition
These exercise management classes will give you a foundation in exercise science. You may develop an understanding of how the body works and how you can create effective fitness regimens by using specific types of exercise activities.
- Courses in anatomy and physiology teach you the fundamentals of kinesiology, so you can apply scientific principles to exercise management.
- Fitness training classes demonstrate how you might create customized exercise programs for your clients.
- Activity courses focus on a specific type of exercise such as aerobics or weight training.
Business courses in exercise management introduce you to the suit-and-tie aspects of fitness work such as finance, law and marketing.
- Your courses in the business of fitness cover practical business skills such as budgeting, accounting and facility management.
- Finance professors instruct you in the basic theories of finance and show how they are used in exercise management.
- A class that focuses on legal issues in fitness management explains the responsibilities of coaches, fitness workers and managers.
- Fitness marketing courses teach you how traditional marketing methods can be used by fitness organizations.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: