Where Can I Find Cost Accounting Classes?
Cost accounting has become an essential business tool in the modern global environment, and many schools offer courses and programs to help you find your way in this field. Learn more by reviewing the information below. Schools offering Accounting degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Classes in Cost Accounting
As businesses globalize, cost accounting, also known as managerial accounting, has become an important tool for making sound business decisions. Future cost accountants can find many schools and universities that offer courses in this field of accounting, including Mississippi State University and Missouri State University.
Important Information About Cost Accounting Classes
|Specializations||Forensic accounting, tax accounting|
|Possible Careers||Budget analyst, auditor, tax accountant|
|Degree Levels||Bachelor's, master's, and doctorate degree programs available|
|Prerequisites||Completion of prior accounting classes with overall GPA of 3.20 or higher, minimum of 500 on GMAT and minimum of 30th percentile on verbal and quantitative components (can be waived with GPA of 3.4 or higher in prior accounting classes) for accelerated master's|
Mississippi State University - Richard C. Adkerson School of Accountancy
Mississippi State University offers an undergraduate accounting minor, a Bachelor of Accounting, and a Master of Professional Accountancy. The Richard C. Adkerson School of Accountancy also provides academic credit for students' internships. The cost accounting courses offered at Mississippi State are:
- Management Information Systems - Students study the role of information systems and their impact on efficiency, organizations and competition.
- Managerial Cost Accounting - You'll learn about the function and applications of cost accounting.
- Cost Accounting - Investigate problems and contemporary challenges in cost accounting.
Missouri State University - School of Accountancy (SOA)
Missouri State University has been educating students for more than 100 years. The School of Accountancy focuses on teaching, research and service and offers undergraduate and graduate programs in accounting. The accounting bachelor's degree program gives students a broad business background as well as a deep specialization in accounting. Listed below are Missouri State University's cost accounting courses:
- Principles of Financial Accounting - Students will study financial accounting principles, such as the development and interpretation of financial statements.
- Managerial Accounting - This course focuses on managerial accounting theories, including accounting control, cost behavior, accounting analysis and business management.
- Managerial Cost Accounting - Here, you'll learn cost accounting concepts and methods as related to job order and continuous process industry, calculating unit costs, and creating cost reports.
- Controllership and Communication - This class concentrates on the leadership and communication challenges faced by accountants, and the skill necessary for successfully navigating these challenges.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: