Which Architecture Schools Are in the Indianapolis, Indiana Area?
Find schools in Indianapolis offering architecture degree programs and courses. Learn about state requirements, program details, school information, and tuition rates. Schools offering AutoCAD Drafting & Design Technology degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Are you looking for schools in the Indianapolis, IN, area that offer architecture programs? Here you can learn about school and program options.
What You Need to Know
Your options for studying architecture near Indianapolis, IN, include undergraduate and graduate programs offered by public schools. A 4-year bachelor's degree program won't prepare you to work as an architect, although this program gives you a solid foundation for graduate study. Master's degree programs could prepare you for work as an architect, and you could complete a master's in one to three years, depending on your prior training.
Bachelor's Degrees in Architecture in the Indianapolis Area
Ball State University
It is important to note that obtaining a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science as an architecture major at Ball State University won't qualify you to become a state licensed architect. This is a pre-professional degree and only a professional degree meets the educational requirements. However, this degree can help you pursue another career in architecture or continue your education to the graduate level where you can earn a professional degree. After your first years of study at Ball State University, you'll need to declare yourself an architecture major and submit your work portfolio for review. Environmental systems, design commutations, cultural and social issues, history of architecture, and architectural building technology are some of the subjects you might study in your undergraduate program.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Arts in Architecture; Bachelor of Science in Architecture
- Program Length: Four years full-time
- Tuition: $9,498 for residents and $25,016 for non-residents (per year 2015-2016)
- Prerequisites: GED or high school diploma
- Requirements: ACT or SAT scores and factors like academic performance, extracurricular activities and the strength of your curriculum are considered
- School Type: 4-year; 20,665 students with 16,415 undergraduates
Master of Architecture Degrees in the Indianapolis Area
Ball State University
At Ball State University, the Master of Architecture I program will meet all the necessary educational prerequisites for state licensing. In order to graduate from the Master of Architecture program, you'll need to complete your internship and experience requirement. To meet the experience requirement, you'll participate in internships, foreign study experiences, and seminars. Another option at the graduate level is to pursue the post-professional Master of Architecture II program. If you have an interest in design education, this program may suit your needs. It's a flexible program that is partnered with the Institute for Digital Fabrication, the Institute for Digital Intermedia Arts, the Building Futures Institute and the Center for Energy Research/Education/Service.
- Program Name: Master of Architecture I; Master of Architecture II
- Program Length: M.Arch (2-3 years full-time); M.Arch II (1.5 years full-time)
- Tuition: $8,904 for residents and $21,018 for non-residents (per year 2015-2016)
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree
- Requirements: 3.0 GPA minimum, GRE score of at least 1,000, resume, writing sample, statement of purpose, portfolio, and three letters of recommendation
- School Type: 4-year, public; 20,665 students with 4,240 graduates
In summary, Ball State University, near Indianapolis, IN, offers a bachelor's and master's degree program in architecture.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: