Which Schools Offer Information Technology Programs in Maine?
Learn about information technology programs in Maine. See degree and specialization options, program requirements and courses, and get current tuition info for the region. Schools offering Information Technology degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Maine provides undergraduate and graduate degree programs for students interested in studying information technology. Compare the programs and private and public schools throughout Maine.
What You Need to Know
If you'd like to study information technology (IT) in Maine, you can choose from 2-year associate's degree, 4-year bachelor's degree or 2-year master's degree programs at public and private colleges and universities. An AAS in Computer Systems Technology can prepare you for employment in the IT field. You can expect to take classes that emphasize skill development for hands-on work. Bachelor's degree programs generally balance the business and technical aspects of IT. Graduates may be qualified for graduate level study.
The MS in Information Science degree program does not require a thesis to graduate. The curriculum is intended for students seeking career advancement. To apply, you must have a bachelor's degree, prerequisite courses, GRE scores and a minimum GPA. Read on to see if one of these programs is right for you.
Associate's Degree Programs in Maine
Eastern Maine Community College
Composed of 60 credits, the computer systems technology program is designed to prepare students for careers as computer technicians, such as network installers, telecommunications technicians and network administrators. Your core courses will cover topics such as introductory Linux, network security, wireless networking and web design. Some of the skills you'll learn include installing and configuring networks, troubleshooting problems with software and hardware and building websites.
- Program Name: Associate in Applied Science in Computer Systems Technology
- Program Length: 2 years
- Tuition and Fees: $3,810 per year for ME residents; $6,510 per year for non-residents (2015-2016)
- School Type: 2-year, public; 2,613 students (all undergraduate)
Bachelor's Degree Programs in Maine
University of Southern Maine
Offered through the Department of Technology, the technology management program includes 21 credits of technology courses, including web development, telecommunications and networking. Professional courses cover key concepts in project management, management and human resources. In addition to selecting the concentration, you can also select a minor in business, management information systems or computer science.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Technology Management
- Specializations: Information and Communications Technology
- Program Length: 4 years
- Tuition and Fees: $7,796 per year for ME residents, $18,508 per year for non-residents (2015-2016)
- School Type: 4-year, public; 8,428 students (6,628 undergraduate)
The information technology program is designed to train students to solve both business and technical problems in the field of computer information systems. Your curriculum will include coursework on topics such as data structures and database design, and you'll also be trained in networking, computer programming and Windows server maintenance. Business courses you can take include operations management, project management and business ethics. If you're considering a master's degree program, you could choose the 5-year option that leads to both a B.S. in Computer Information Systems and a Master of Business Administration.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
- Program Length: 4 years
- Tuition and Fees: $16,582 per year (2015-2016)
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; enrollment unavailable
Master's Degree Programs in Maine
University of Maine
The University of Maine's information technology graduate program provides advanced training on information systems software engineering and database engineering. A non-thesis program consisting of 30 credits of coursework, the curriculum covers topics such as human computer interaction, information systems law, business and engineering. Graduates are prepared to take on management positions in business, nonprofit and government settings.
- Program Name: Master of Science in Information Systems
- Program Length: 2 years
- Tuition and Fees: $8,648 per year for ME residents; $25,064 per year for non-residents (2015-2016)
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree; college algebra (computer programming course recommended)
- Requirements: Graduate Records Examination (GRE) scores; 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- School Type: 4-year, public; 11,286 students (9,339 undergraduate)
Students attending school in Maine can pursue an associate's, bachelor's, or master's degree in information technology from several 4-year public and private institutions.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: