To provide financial assistance to students who are interested in pursuing associate level degrees related to Art, Computer Aided Design, Fashion Design, Visual Communications, Interior Design, and Computer Graphics.
- Award Type: $500 Annual Scholarship
- Duration: 1 year
- Number of Awards: 1 each year
- Deadline: April 1st, 2017
Elisabeth Craster, Graphic Design Associate's Degree at Delaware College of Art and Design
I am pursuing education in the visual arts, specifically in Illustration, because of a desire to inspire children. I believe that pictures that capture a child's imagination can incite creative processes at an early age, and encourage young readers to create stories and pictures of their own.
This scholarship program is open to students pursuing Art and Design related associate’s degrees. High school students enrolled in an Art or Design associate’s program next year are also eligible to receive the award. Bachelor and graduate students do not qualify. A wide range of degree programs will be considered including but not limited to:
- Animation Associate’s Degrees
- Computer Aided Design Associate’s Degrees
- Computer Graphics Associate’s Degrees
- Fashion Design Associate’s Degrees
- Visual Communications Associate’s Degrees
- Interior Design Associate’s Degrees
- Video Game Design Associate’s Degrees
- Web Design Associate’s Degrees
Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history. Eligible students must be full-time students during the academic year the scholarship is received. Financial need is not considered.
Funds are sent directly to the recipient by check to the student's permanent mailing address.
Academic scholarship winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide Learn.org with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
How to Apply
The academic award is provided by Learn.org. The application process is completely online.
- Go to the scholarship application.
- Complete all the required information on the application form.
- When your application is complete, click the "Submit" button.