To provide financial assistance to students who are interested in pursuing associate level degrees and certificates related to Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Networking, Computer Software, Database Technology, and Information Security.
- Award Type: $500 Annual Scholarship
- Duration: 1 year
- Number of Awards: 1 each year
- Deadline: April 1st, 2015
Elise Strahan, Computer Information Systems-Software Development at Sinclair Community College
My dad worked with computers for the Air Force before he retired, and I elected to follow in his footsteps. I recently discovered exactly what I want to do, which is reverse software engineering. I want to take the programs and systems others designed, and break them apart to find the vulnerabilities so they can improve and protect their creations. Currently, I am working on my Associate's degree in Software development.
This scholarship program is open to students pursuing Computer Technology and Information Systems associate’s degrees and certificate programs. High school students enrolled in a Computer technology or Information Systems associate’s program next year are also eligible to receive the award. Bachelor and graduate students do not qualify. A wide range of degree programs will be considered including but not limited to:
- Computer Information Associate’s Degrees
- Information Technology Associate’s Degrees
- Computer Networking Administration Associate’s Degrees
- Computer Software Associate’s Degrees
- Information Security Associate’s Degrees
- Database Technology Associate’s Degrees
- Computer Management Associate’s Degrees
- Computer Science Associate’s Degrees
Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history. Eligible students must be full-time students during the academic year the scholarship is received. Financial need is not considered.
Funds are sent directly to the recipient by check to the student's permanent mailing address.
Academic scholarship winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide Learn.org with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
How to Apply
The academic award is provided by Learn.org. The application process is completely online.
- Go to the scholarship application.
- Complete all the required information on the application form.
- When your application is complete, click the "Submit" button.