Where Can I Earn an Accounting Degree in Colorado Springs, Colorado?
Find schools in Colorado Springs, CO, offering accounting degree programs and courses. Learn about the requirements for each program and other important school info to make an informed decision.
Accounting degrees in the Colorado Springs, CO, area are offered by several reputable post-secondary institutions. Students can choose from programs ranging between the associate's and master's levels, the latter of which is often needed to take the Certified Public Accountant exam at the three area schools listed below.
What You Need to Know
Aspiring accountants can find degree programs in and around Colorado Springs at 2- and 4-year schools. You could earn a 60-credit associate's degree in accounting that can help you prepare for entry-level positions. You might also complete a 4-year, 120-credit bachelor's degree in accounting that includes training in various areas of the field. If you already have a bachelor's degree, you may want to pursue a master's degree with an accounting option. This degree can help you prepare for the Certified Public Account (CPA) exam and requires 36-48 credits, depending on your undergraduate education.
Accounting Associate's Degree Program in Colorado Springs
Pikes Peak Community College
Pikes Peak Community College offers an accounting program that can help prepare you for entry-level work in the field. This program includes training in business principles, accounting principles, cost accounting and income tax accounting. The curriculum also includes courses that cover accounting information technology.
- Program Name: Associate of Applied Science in Accounting
- Program Length: Approximately 60 credits
- Tuition and Fees (2018-2019): $3,840 for in-state students, $14,928 for out-of-state students
- School Type: 2-year, public; 13,204 students (all undergraduates)
Accounting Bachelor's Degree Program near Colorado Springs
Colorado State University
The broad-based program focuses on accounting theory and basics. The curriculum includes courses that cover advanced financial accounting, cost accounting and tax accounting. Additionally, you have the opportunity to take courses in accounting law and accounting information systems.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accounting
- Program Length: 120 credits
- Tuition and Fees (2018-2019): $10,408 for in-state students, $26,329 for out-of-state students
- School Type: 4-year, public; 6,736 students (4,385 undergraduates)
Accounting Master's Degree Program in Colorado Springs
University of Colorado - Colorado Springs
The University of Colorado offers a master's degree program in business administration that includes an accounting emphasis. This program is designed for students who do or do not have undergraduate degrees in accounting. In addition to advanced accounting training, this program also helps prepare you to take the CPA exam.
- Program Name: Master of Business Administration in Accounting
- Program Length: 36-48 credits
- Graduate Tuition (2018-2019): $13,206 for in-state students, $25,022 for out-of-state students
- School Type: 4-year, public; 13,123 students (10,951 undergraduates)
To recap, Pikes Peak Community College and Colorado State University have comprehensive accounting degree programs that prepare students for entry-level employment in the industry, and the University of Colorado - Colorado Springs offers a graduate-level accounting degree programs that helps prepare students to become CPAs.