What Top Omaha Colleges Have Computer Information Systems Degrees?
Learn about computer information systems programs in the Omaha, NE, area. Get information about degrees available and program requirements to make an informed decision about your education.
If you're looking for information on top colleges that offer Computer Information Systems degrees near to the Omaha area, you've come to the right place. Read on for information on the schools, tuition and courses available.
What You Need to Know
In the Omaha region, there are several colleges that offer computer information systems degree programs at the associate's or bachelor's degree levels. The associate's degrees are offered by two-year, public schools while the baccalaureate degrees are conferred by four-year, private schools. Official degree titles include awards in management of information systems, computer information systems and information systems management. All programs include vital coursework to be able to work in the field of computer information systems in addition to general education classes; a capstone course that includes a mandatory senior project is part of at least one of the bachelor's degree programs.
Computer Information Systems Associate's Degree Programs in the Omaha Region
Iowa Western Community College
Iowa Western Community College sits about ten miles east of Omaha. The school's management information systems program comprises courses in areas such as Web design software, e-business, and databases. You'll also take classes in accounting, networking,and programming, and you'll complete general education requirements in subjects like math and English.
- Program Name: Associate of Arts in Computers: Management Information Systems
- Program Length: Two years, full-time
- Tuition & Fees: $5,952 per year for in-state students and $6,112 per year for out-of-state students (2018-2019)
- Admission Requirements: COMPASS placement test or ACT or SAT scores
- School Type: 2-year, public; around 5,962 undergraduate students
Metropolitan Community College - Fort Omaha Campus
Metropolitan Community College's (MCC) management information systems program includes general education requirements in disciplines such as math, English, and natural sciences, among others. Beyond those, the curriculum incorporates courses in areas like accounting, data structures, and database design, and you'll choose additional instruction in either COBOL or C++ programming. MCC operates on a quarter calendar, with quarters in the fall, winter, and spring composing a regular academic year. The school also offers the management information systems program at its South Omaha Campus, as well as at its Sarpy Center location in La Vista, NE, less than ten miles south of Omaha.
- Program Name: Associate in Science in Computer Technology - Management Information Systems
- Program Length: 100-102.5 credits
- Tuition & Fees: $3,105 per year for in-state students and $4,545 per year for out-of-state students (2018-2019)
- School Type: 2-year, public; around 14,913 undergraduate students
Computer Information Systems Bachelor's Degree Programs in the Omaha Region
Doane College - Lincoln Campus
Doane College's Lincoln Campus is about 50 miles southwest of Omaha and offers degree plans specifically designed for nontraditional students, such as adult learners. In the school's information systems management program, you'll complete foundational courses on topics like systems analysis, software development, and project management. In addition, you'll take business courses in areas like operations management and statistics and you'll explore communications classes on subjects like business communication and global networks. You'll also have the opportunity to choose electives from disciplines including information science and technology, graphic design, and mathematics, among others.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management
- Program Length: 132 credits
- Tuition & Fees: $11,370 per year (2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; around 1,609 students (496 undergraduate)
The computing program at Union College requires classes in Web development, systems design, and database systems, among other subjects. For the computer information systems concentration, you'll take courses on such topics as programming languages, systems administration, and microcomputer applications, as well as business ethics and accounting. During the last half of the program, you'll choose between undertaking a professional internship or a capstone course, in which you'll create a mandatory project in systems development.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Computing
- Emphasis Areas: Computer Information Systems
- Program Length: Four years, full-time
- Tuition & Fees: $23,780 (2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; around 807 students (720 undergraduate)
In summary, there are four top schools within the Omaha area that offer Computer Information Systems degrees, these include associate's degrees offered at Iowa Western Community College and the Fort Omaha Campus of Metropolitan Community College, as well as bachelor's degrees at Doane College and Union College.