Where Can I Earn a Fashion Design & Merchandising Degree in Miami?
Find schools in Miami offering fashion design and merchandising degree programs and courses. Get tuition information and degree specifics for fashion programs in the Miami area.
See what your options include for classes in fashion design in Miami, Florida. Learn more about specific programs and school information.
What You Should Know
Fashion design and merchandising programs are available in Miami at a 2-year technical school and a 4-year university. You might pursue a 600-hour certificate in fashion design services or individual certificates for each 150-hour course. You could also work toward a 4-year bachelor's degree in fashion merchandising and retail marketing, with specializations offered in advertising, human resources management, international business or operations management. The bachelor's degree program includes an internship in which you can work in New York City. Keep reading to explore these featured options.
Fashion Certificate Programs in the Miami Area
Lindsey Hopkins Technical Education Center
This vocational certificate program in fashion design services at the Lindsey Hopkins Technical Education Center consists of four 150-hour courses: retail salesperson; tailor, dressmaker and custom sewer; fabric and apparel patternmaker; and fashion coordinator and stylist. You can earn a certificate after completing each of these courses as well as the full program completion certificate after you have finished all four. To earn the final certificate, you must also pass a basic skills exam.
- Program Name: Fashion Design Services Certificate
- Program Length: 600 hours (4 segments of 150 hours each)
- Tuition and Fees: $1,536 program cost for in-state students, $6,150 program cost for out-of-state students (2016-2017)
- Requirements: Test in reading, math and language
- School Type: 2-year, public; about 783 undergraduate students
Fashion Bachelor's Degree Programs in the Miami Area
Johnson & Wales University
This bachelor's degree program at Johnson & Wales University, or JWU, includes coursework in marketing, management, retailing, merchandising and business fundamentals. The program includes a retail internship and the opportunity to spend time in New York City learning about the way the fashion industry works.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising and Retail Marketing
- Field of Study Options: Advertising, human resources management, international business and operations management
- Program Length: 4 years
- Tuition and Fees: $32,441 per year (2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; more than 1,300 undergraduate students
Bachelor's degrees and certificate programs are available in Miami for those looking to take fashion design and merchandising classes from one of the two schools offering study in the field.