Which Colorado Springs Universities Have Graphic Design Degree Programs?
Learn about graphic design programs near Colorado Springs, CO. See program and specialization options, program requirements and school information for colleges in the region.
Would you like to receive a degree in graphic design in the Colorado Springs, CO, area? This article explores three programs offered at three separate colleges that vary in size and cost.
What You Should Know
Aspiring graphic designers near Colorado Springs may find programs through a local community college or another community college and a university located 40-45 miles from the city. You could earn an associate's degree in about 2 years, in either multimedia graphic design or digital media, to learn entry-level job skills. Additionally, you might pursue a 4-year bachelor's degree in art with a specialization in graphic design. The program is hands-on and gives you real-life job experience. Explore the details below to choose which program might work for you.
Associate Degree Programs in Graphic Design near Colorado Springs, CO
Pikes Peak Community College
Pike Peak Community College (PPCC) has four campus locations: three in Colorado Springs and one in nearby Falcon, CO. PPCC's A.A.S. in Multimedia Graphic Design program covers layout and design, typography, computer software, color, photo imaging and publishing. In addition, certificates are available in digital image, design to print, illustration, video production and web design.
- Program Name: Associate of Applied Science in Multimedia Graphic Design
- Program Length: 65 credit hours (roughly 2 years, full-time)
- Tuition and Fees: $3,840 for residents; $14,928 for non-residents (2018-2019)
- Admissions Requirements: Placement test
- School Type: 2-year, public; 13,204 students (all undergraduate)
Pueblo Community College
Pueblo Community College is located about 45 miles from Colorado Springs. The digital media program is offered through the school's business and technology division. You'll study such topics as business, human relations, digital literacy, e-business, web motion graphic design and digital photography. You can also simultaneously work on a certificate in e-business, where you'll learn about business processes, web technologies and technology implementations in business settings.
- Program Name: Associate of Applied Science in Digital Media
- Program Length: 61-62 credits (roughly 2 years, full-time)
- Tuition and Fees: $5,179 for residents; $16,262 for non-residents (2018-2019)
- Admissions Requirements: At least 17 years old (those under 17 may be admitted under special conditions), proof of U.S. 'lawful presence' if you're a new student over 18 years old applying for a public benefit
- School Type: 2-year, public; 6,197 students (all undergraduate)
Bachelor's Degree Programs in Graphic Design near Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado State University - Pueblo
Colorado State University - Pueblo (CSU-Pueblo) is located about 40 miles from Colorado Springs. CSU-Pueblo offers an art degree program with an emphasis in graphic design that covers visual communications, public relations and business. As part of the curriculum, you'll get to work with real clients in a simulated design studio setup. Core art curriculum classes that you'll take include drawing, 3-dimensional design and art history.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art with a specialization in graphic design
- Program Length: 4 years, full-time
- Tuition and Fees: $10,408 for residents; $26,329 for non-residents (2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, public; 4,385 undergraduate and 2,351 graduate students
Associate's degrees in graphic design can be earned at Pikes Peak Community College and Pueblo Community College; bachelor's degrees can be earned at Colorado State University - Pueblo.