Where Can I Earn a Business Management Degree in Minneapolis, Minnesota?
Learn about business management degrees in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Get information about degrees available and program requirements to make an informed decision about your education.
There are several management degree programs in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area. Below you will find helpful information about each program.
What You Need to Know
In Minneapolis, business management degree programs can be found at the associate's, bachelor's and master's degree levels. Apart from business management degrees, similar curriculum may be found in business or management degree programs. Associate's degree programs in this field are offered by community and technical colleges and take two years, or 60 credits, to complete. Universities offer bachelor's and master's degree programs. Bachelor's degree programs may offer courses online, and students might have the opportunity to study abroad. Master's degree programs take two years to finish, full time, and offer specializations and study abroad opportunities as well. Students will need to submit a resume, references and GRE or GMAT scores to gain admittance. The schools that offer business management degree programs in Minneapolis are listed below. Continue reading to learn more and to see if any of these programs will fit for you.
Business Management Associate's Degree Programs in the Minneapolis, Minnesota Area
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
This program's core coursework covers such business fundamentals as marketing, business communications and financial accounting. You also complete a course in business law. Depending on your interests, you can take electives in such areas as advertising principles, small business management, finance, banking, managerial accounting, entrepreneurship, international business and consumer lending principles.
- Program Name: Associate of Science in Business Management
- Program Length: 4 semesters, full-time
- Tuition and Fees: $5,396 per year (2018-2019 academic year)
- School Type: 2-year, public; 6,951 (all undergraduate)
Hennepin Technical College
This program's introductory business, management and finance courses are designed to help you develop your problem-solving and decision-making skills. Managerial, interpersonal and small group communication courses are also included in the curriculum as are technical electives that can teach you to use common business and accounting software. These cover such topics as QuickBooks, Excel and Microsoft Office
- Program Name: Associate in Applied Science in Management
- Program Length: 60 credits
- Tuition and Fees: $5,248 per year (2018-2019 academic year)
- School Type: 2-year, public; 4,762 students (all undergraduate)
Business Management Bachelor's Degree Programs in the Minneapolis, Minnesota Area
Metropolitan State University
You must complete prerequisites in such topics as IT fundamentals, economics and statistics before enrolling in this program's upper-level business courses. These cover techniques for effectively managing an organization's human resources, marketing and finance operations. Coursework for this program is available on campus and online.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Management
- Program Length: Minimum 120 credits
- Tuition and Fees: $7,879 per year, in-state; $14,980 per year, out-of-state (2015-2016 academic year)
- Prerequisites: 23 credits of introductory business coursework
- School Type: 4-year, public; 7,861 students (7,031 undergraduate)
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
In addition to general education coursework in the arts and sciences, this program requires you to complete a study abroad experience. You complete courses in marketing principles, finance fundamentals and operations management as well. Depending on your concentration area, you can also learn how to run your own business, finance a non-profit or government organization or ensure the flow of goods and services.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Business
- Field of Study Options: Entrepreneurial management, public and nonprofit management, supply chain and operations management
- Program Length: 4 years, full-time
- Tuition and Fees: $14,760 per year, in-state; $30,438 per year, out-of-state (2018-2019 academic year)
- School Type: 4-year, public; 50,734 students (34,437 undergraduate)
Business Management Master's Degree Program in the Minneapolis, Minnesota Area
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
In the first year of this 2-year program, you take core courses to provide you with a solid foundation in financial accounting, operations management, marketing management and statistics. Coursework in your specialization area follows. These could include topics in e-business strategies, group management and corporate strategy. You also take short-term trips to explore business operations overseas.
- Program Name: Master of Business Administration in Management
- Field of Study Options: Entrepreneurship management, organization management, strategic management
- Program Length: 2 years, full-time
- Tuition and Fees: $18,583 per year, in-state; $27,931 per year, out-of-state (2018-2019 academic year)
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree
- Admission Requirements: GMAT or GRE scores, resume, personal statement, 3 professional references and an interview
- School Type: 4-year, public; 50,734 students (34,437 undergraduates)
In conclusion, there are both 2-year and 4-year management degree programs in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area, some of which provide specialization options.