Peirce College, the only higher education institution in Philadelphia focused on providing educational programs to adults, offers both online and on-campus studies. The college awards both undergraduate and graduate degrees as well as certificates in several business-focused areas in addition to healthcare, criminal justice, and technology.
About Peirce College
Peirce College is located in Center City, Philadelphia, and serves 2,000 students in on-campus and online programs. Established in 1865, the school began offering online degrees in 2000 and master's degree programs in 2013. Peirce College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, its health programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM), and Bachelor of Science degree programs in business administration and accounting are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). In addition, Peirce's Paralegal Studies programs are approved by the American Bar Association (ABA).
The private, nonprofit college offers associate's and bachelor's degrees in business administration as well as other business-oriented areas, such as associate's degrees in leadership development and information technology and bachelor's degrees in accounting, human resource management, IT, organizational leadership, and technology management. You can also choose from Peirce's two master's degree programs, designed to prepare you for leadership positions in healthcare administration and management. Certificates, which can be completed on-campus, online, or through a hybrid format as with all of Peirce's degree programs, can be taken in such subjects as customer service, cybersecurity, and medical coding. If you're interested in a career in law, you have the opportunity to pursue an accelerated bachelor's-to-Juris Doctor (JD) program, a course of study offered in partnership with Rutgers School of Law that enables you to obtain a JD from Rutgers in six instead of seven years.
Not only does Peirce College offer numerous programs, it also seeks to ensure you have the opportunity to complete your education as quickly as possible. When it comes to transfer credits, Peirce College is among the best: between 90 and 102 credits can be transferred to certain bachelor's degree programs, saving you both time and money. Need financial assistance? You can apply for federal assistance and more at Peirce College; in 2019, 60% of all students were eligible for Pell grants alone.
'' From the very first day I contacted Peirce the staff helped me with everything. They made it easy to transfer the credits I had from two different institutions. The tuition was affordable and I loved that I could complete my entire course requirements online… I needed a program with flexibility and Peirce gave that to me.''
- Tara Butler, Peirce College Graduate
''I think what stands out most about what I've learned in my courses at Peirce is just how relatable so many of the lessons are. This isn't just theoretical stuff - it's real world, practical knowledge.''
- Nick Santangelo, Peirce College Graduate
Why Peirce College?
- Flexible Learning: Peirce Fit allows you to adapt your learning to fit your immediate needs; you have the flexibility to change between online or on-campus experiences and back again throughout a single course as life needs dictate.
- Student Services: Advising, counseling, and career services are designed to help you develop an educational plan, identify skills you need to work on, and prepare for your professional life through resume writing, interviewing tips, and more.
- Affordability: In addition to transferring credits, you have the ability to lower the cost of your tuition in other ways, such as earning credit by exams and using alternate credit provider sources.
- Financial assistance: As a Peirce College student, you can apply for federal aid assistance, grants, loans, and scholarships; a team of financial aid specialists are available to help you throughout the process.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
As an applicant to Peirce College's programs, you must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.