Schools with Fashion Marketing and Management Degrees
Find out what you'd learn in an associate's-level program in fashion marketing and management, as well as in a bachelor's-level program. Explore some of the classes you could take. Check the availability of online learning options for this field, and read about how online fashion marketing and management programs work.
Associate's and bachelor's degree programs are available in fashion marketing and fashion merchandising. Choose an online degree, or a program in fashion business management.
What Will an Associate Degree in Fashion Marketing and Management Teach Me?
If you want to learn the basics of fashion marketing and merchandising, you can enroll in a 2-year program at a community college and earn an Associate in Applied Science in Fashion Marketing or an Associate in Applied Science in Fashion Marketing and Merchandising. Such a program should show you how to connect fashion and business principles, understand fashion and consumer trends and learn about designing and retail. Many schools can provide you with hands-on learning by allowing you to take part in internships at fashion retail stores or even international fashion markets and brands.
Which Schools Offer Associate's Degrees in Fashion Marketing and Management?
These associate's degree programs are provided in diverse pathways. Online options are available as well.
- Southern New Hampshire University offers an online Associate in Science (A.S.) degree program in Fashion Merchandising
- The New School offers an Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree program in Fashion Marketing
- The Fashion Institute of Technology offers an Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree program in Fashion Business Management
What I Learn in a Baccalaureate Program?
If you want to further your studies, you can pursue a Bachelor of Science in Fashion Marketing and Management. Your 4-year program should deepen your fashion analysis skills. You'll be able to take part in field trips to retail stores and corporations and meet with designers to understand how your degree can be applied to the real world. You may also take part in designing and executing a fashion show so that you might learn what it takes to work in the fashion industry. Undergraduate programs may allow you to study abroad to gain an understanding of the international fashion industry.
Which Schools Offer Bachelor's Degrees in Fashion Marketing and Management?
These bachelor's degrees offer students opportunities in various pathways and specializations. Options include fashion visual merchandising and interior design.
- Southern New Hampshire University offers an online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree program in Fashion Merchandising Management
- The Academy of Art offers Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) degree programs in areas like Fashion, Fashion Marketing, Fashion Merchandising, and Fashion Visual Merchandising
- Liberty University offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree program in Fashion and Interiors with concentrations in Fashion Merchandising, Interior Design, and Fashion Design
Should I Take Online Programs?
If you like, you can also take your classes or your entire program online from some schools. Online associate and bachelor programs that focus on fashion marketing and management are designed to expose you to much of the same concepts at traditional, on-campus programs. You'll be able to complete your studies on your computer by communicating with your professors and completing assignments via the Internet. While you'll take your classes online, many schools still allow you to participate in on-campus activities and classes.
What Kind of Classes Will I Take?
Your classes will combine, fashion, fashion history, business, economics and marketing. Some of the classes you may take can include:
- Advertising and promotion
- Introduction to fashion industry
- Direct marketing
- Introduction to textiles
- Consumer trends and analysis
Students can study fashion marketing and management through various undergraduate degree programs. A variety of online programs are also available.