What Colleges Offer Telecommunications Degrees in Nashville, TN?
Find schools in Nashville offering telecommunications degrees and programs. Learn about education requirements, school and program information, and tuition rates.
Looking for information for schools in the Nashville, TN, area that offer degrees in telecommunications? Read on to explore school and program options.
What You Need to Know
You can earn an associate's or bachelor's degree in telecommunications from a 2-year or 4-year, public college or university in the Nashville, TN, area. The associate's degree programs offer hands-on experiences, and you can graduate in 2 years. A bachelor's degree program will usually take 4 years to complete, but you may pursue an accelerated course of study and graduate in 3 years. Read on for more information on schools in or near Nashville that offer telecommunications degrees.
Telecommunications Associate Degree Programs in the Nashville, TN, Area
Nashville State Community College
The computer technology program at Nashville State Community College (NSCC) focuses on operating systems, telecommunications, computer software and hardware, digital interfacing and peripheral devices. It also helps you develop important troubleshooting skills. In addition to completing computer-related and general education courses, you'll obtain hands-on training through cooperative education. Your courses may include computer forensics, network security, fiber optics and cabling, mobile computing and tactical perimeter defense.
The electrical engineering technology degree program at NSCC offers a convergence engineering technology emphasis. Some of the course topics include fiber optics and cabling, instrumentation, electronic circuits and digital electronics. You'll obtain hands-on training with electrical equipment through your courses and cooperative education, which is included in the curriculum. This program also offers concentrations in electrical engineering technology, electronic engineering technology and automated control systems. The automated control systems concentration is only offered at the Cookeville campus. NSCC also offers a computer networking technology program that provides an in-depth study of computer networking and networking security.
- Program Name: Associate in Applied Science in Computer Technology, Associate in Applied Science in Computer Networking Technology, Associate of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Specializations: Convergence engineering technology, electrical engineering technology, electronic engineering technology, automated control systems (electrical engineering technology)
- Program Length: 2 years, full-time
- Tuition: $4,191 per year for in-state residents, $16,479 per year for non-residents (2018-2019)
- School Type: 2-year, public; 8,284 students (all undergraduate)
Telecommunications Bachelor's Degree Program in the Nashville, TN, Area
Austin Peay State University
The computer science and information systems baccalaureate program offers an information systems concentration that prepares you for a career working with computer applications and data communication, while also focusing on computer programming. In addition to completing liberal arts core requirements, you must also complete the requirements for a second concentration or a minor. You can choose from the traditional 4-year plan or an accelerated 3-year plan. A networking minor is also available. In the minor, one of the courses you may take is an advanced data communications and networking course that provides an in-depth study of telecommunications and networking topics.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Information Systems
- Area of Specialization: Information systems, computer science, Internet and web technology, database administration
- Program Length: 4 years or accelerated 3-year option, full-time
- Tuition: $8,159 per year for residents and $23,399 per year for non-residents (2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, public; 10,954 students with 9,871 undergraduates
As you can see, students looking for schools in the Nashville, TN, area that offer telecommunications degree have two options, including Nashville State Community College and Austin Peay State University.