Terms and Conditions for Learn.org Scholarships and Contests
The following are the Terms and Conditions for Learn.org's Contests, Scholarships, and Academic Awards. If applying, please read all points carefully.
These are the Official Content Rules for Learn.org's contests, scholarships and academic awards. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS. NO PURCHASE IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These Terms and Conditions apply to Learn.org's scholarships and academic awards ('Contests') offered by Remilon, LLC 100 View St. #202 Mountain View, CA 94041 ('Sponsor'). When you participate in a Contest, as an entrant or as a referring party, you agree to the Terms and Conditions listed within this document. The term 'Entrant' shall henceforth be used to refer both to entrants to Contests and referring parties.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, ALL ENTRANTS TO CONTESTS AND RECIPIENTS OF PRIZES MUST BE (A) AGED 16 YEARS OR OLDER WHEN THEY ENTER, AND (B) CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN OR IN THE PROCESS OF APPLYING FOR A DEGREE, DIPLOMA OR CERTIFICATE SEEKING PROGRAM. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. CONTESTS ARE SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS THAT APPLY. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, parent companies, affiliates and divisions are not eligible to become an Entrant or win a Prize.
1. TO ENTER: Entrants complete and submit entry through the web form identified on the Contest information page at any time during the Entry Period. An Entrant must provide his or her full name, valid email address and any other required fields as indicated on the web form. During the Entry Period, there will be a limit of one (1) entry per person, per email address and per Facebook account. An individual with multiple or duplicate entries will be disqualified. The use of automated entry or any other similar devices to participate or subvert the process of entering is prohibited. Any entries made using such devices are void. Entries that are incomplete, inaccurate, unintelligible, unreadable or late, or entries that otherwise violate these Official Terms and Conditions, will be disqualified. Once submitted, entries are the property of the Sponsor and may not be returned or acknowledged. The Sponsor's Contests are in no way endorsed, sponsored, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Upon request, the Entrant must be able to provide proof of his or her eligibility for the Contest. Only entries received during the Entry Period will be valid.
IMPORTANT NOTE: An Entrant will only be eligible to receive a Prize if the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that all eligibility and other requirements enumerated in these Terms and Conditions have been met.
2. USAGE RIGHTS FOR ENTRIES: Once submitted, entries become the property of Sponsor and may not be returned or acknowledged. Each entry is required to include a valid email and mailing address for the Entrant. Each Entrant hereby agrees and acknowledges that his or her relationship with the Sponsor, its affiliates, parent corporation(s), subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, Facebook, and all these entities' respective officers, directors, employees and agents ('Related Entities) is not a confidential, fiduciary, or otherwise special relationship, and that the Entrant's entry into the Contest does not result in the Sponsor or the Related Entities being placed in a position that is different from the position occupied by members of the general public with regard to components of an Entrant's entry.
The Sponsor and the Related Entities assume no responsibility for problems or technical, software, or hardware malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, any failed, inaccurate, incomplete, incorrect, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether occurring at the sender's end or in any of the programming or equipment associated with or used by this Contest, computer online systems, providers or servers, software, computer equipment, failure of e-mails or entries to be received by Sponsor caused by technical problems, traffic congestion or human error, unavailable or unreliable network connections on the Internet as a whole or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without any limitations, any injury or damage to the Entrant's computer, or any other person's computer, relating to or occurring after participating in this Contest or downloading materials related to this Contest. By entering the Contest, the Entrant agrees to abide by the Contests' Terms and Conditions.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA: If the winning Entry of a Contest is to be chosen by the Sponsor, Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of Sponsor-designated judges based on the following Judging Criteria: Originality, Creativity, Writing Skills, and Inspiration. In addition to these Criteria, Sponsor-designated judges may consider Social Engagement (sharing and interaction using social media or other outlets) as a factor when selecting winning Entries. In all Contests, Sponsor decisions are final and binding.
4. SELECTION OF PRIZES: Once the Entry Period has ended, a Grand Prize Winner will be chosen according to the process described in paragraph 3. Additional winners may also be selected at this time. Winners will be eligible for the Prizes described in paragraph 5. Grand Prize Winners may not enter Sponsor's Contests for a year after they are selected. Any additional winners may continue to enter Contests put on by the Sponsor.
5. PRIZES: Contests may have different Prizes. See the official contest page for details regarding each particular prize package.
In general, prizes are not transferable, and the substitution of Prizes is allowed only at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, which has the right to substitute one or more Prizes of equal or greater value. Differences between the stated value and the actual value will not be awarded. Winners are solely responsible for paying applicable federal, local and state taxes, and any other expenses incurred upon accepting or using their Prizes.
Winners who acquire more than $600.00 worth of prizes in a one-year period will receive an IRS form 1099 (or its equivalent). In this event, Winners must provide Learn.org with certain personal information before receiving their Prizes.
6. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Learn.org reserves the right to verify an Entrant's eligibility, age, and claims and proof of enrollment in a degree, diploma, or certificate seeking program. Once the Entry Period has closed, Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail. They will also be sent, through U.S. Mail and/or e-mail, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and (in cases where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release, which Winners are required to sign in order to receive any Prize. If the Grand Prize Winner does not acknowledge having won the Grand Prize within five (5) days of being notified, or does not return the signed affidavits dispatched by the Sponsor within five (5) days of receiving it, the Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified, and the Sponsor will select alternate Winners using the same process as described in paragraph 3.
7. INTERNET: If Contests do not run as intended due to infection by a computer virus, tampering, bugs, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, fraud, or any other causes outside of the Sponsor's or Related Entities' control and which corrupt or influence the administration, fairness, security, integrity, or proper conduct of Contests, the Sponsor has the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who interferes with or tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate any Contests.
8. GENERAL: By participating in Contests, Entrants: (1) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions; (2) agree to release the Sponsor and the Related Entities from any and all liability for any loss, damages, harm, costs or expenses, including without any limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, which are due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in Contests or Contest-related activity, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize and claims based on publicity rights, invasion of privacy, defamation and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of their names, pictures, voices and likenesses for the purposes of advertising in any medium in any part of the world, whether now known or later devised, in perpetuity without any additional compensation or right to review unless otherwise prohibited by law, (4) consent to the use of the content of their entry, including any and all responses, for promotional purposes in any medium in any part of the world, whether now known or later devised, in perpetuity without additional compensation or right to review unless otherwise prohibited by law, (5) agree that the Sponsor owns all the data and responses that it collects through this Contest and (6) the Sponsor may stop the Contest at any time. Sponsor may cease any Contest or decide to change it in any manner it deems fair to participants if it learns of any occurrence that would materially affect the fairness and security of the Contest. Sponsor may stop individuals from participating in contests and disqualify certain entries if they (1) try to apply for the contests through means other than those described in these Terms and Conditions, (2) try to disrupt the Contests or circumvent the Terms and Conditions in any way or (3) directly violate these Terms and Conditions. The Sponsor's decisions with regard to all Contests are always final.
9. LIABILITY & RELEASE: When participating in Contests, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Related Entities from and against claims or causes of action occurring out of participation in Contests or receiving or using any Prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (1) prohibited human intervention in Contests; (b) technical errors which relate to computers, providers, servers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in Contest administration or entry processing; or injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an Entrant's participation in a Contest or the Entrant's receipt, acceptance, use and/or enjoyment of any Prize awarded. The Sponsor and the Related Entities will be in no event liable for attorney's fees. Each Entrant waives his or her right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, direct, consequential, or indirect damages. The Sponsor and the Related Entities have the right to correct any typographic, clerical or printing errors in the Contest materials. The sponsor and the Related Entities are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing of Contests, Contest administration or Winner announcement, including such errors that may give a false indication that a Prize has been won. If the Sponsor or the Related Entities are prevented from continuing Contests, or the integrity and/or feasibility of Contests is altered by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's or the Related Entities' control (each a 'Force Majeure' event( the Sponsor and the Related Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contests without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor or the Related Entities, at their discretion, decide to shorten, cancel or terminate the Contests as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor and the Related Entities have the right, but have no obligation, to award the Prizes choosing among all eligible and valid entries collected up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. USE OF INFORMATION: Information provided by Entrants in connection with Contests is disclosed solely to the Sponsor and the Related Entities, excluding Facebook, and can be used for the Sponsor's internal, advertising, and promotional purposes and to give Entrants information about the Sponsor's products and other special Contests. Submitting an entry constitutes permission for the Sponsor to post each Winner's name on their website and to use such Winners' names, hometowns and/or likenesses for advertising purposes without any further compensation or right of review unless prohibited by law. Entrants will be clearly told how to unsubscribe from all further communication if desired.
11. QUESTIONS/NAMES OF WINNERS: To ask questions about contests, or to inquire about the names and hometowns of Prize Winners, Tweet us at @learndotorg, post a question on our Facebook wall, or write us at Learn.org 100 View St #202, Mountain View, CA 94041.