What Universities Have Computer Animation Degrees in Omaha, NE?
Find schools in Omaha, NE, offering computer animation degree programs and courses. Learn about program requirements and get salary info for computer animators living in Omaha.
Students seeking an associate's or bachelor's degree in computer animation will have plenty of options in the Omaha, NE, area. Read on for details about program length, tuition, school size, and more.
What You Need to Know
Computer animation programs can be discovered in and around Omaha at both 2- and 4-year schools. An associate's degree in electronic imaging & media arts could be completed in about 2 years and give you some entry-level job skills. You might also pursue a 4-year bachelor's degree in game studies or in studio arts with an intermedia specialization. Internships may be required or available, and select programs require a portfolio of personal works for admittance. Explore your options by reading on.
Computer Animation Associate's Degree Program in Omaha, NE
Metropolitan Community College
The college's Elkhorn Valley campus offers an electronic imaging and media arts associate's degree program that offers courses in 2-D animation and compositing, 3D game development, stop-motion animation, 3D modeling, Flash animation, motion graphics design and digital media editing. Hands-on training may be gained by participating in animation laboratory courses or internships. There are also certificate programs that include the same courses but without the general education requirements. If you decide to enroll in a certificate program, you can choose to concentrate on 2-D or 3D animation.
- Program Name: Associate in Applied Science in Electronic Imaging and Media Arts
- Program Length: 2 years, full-time
- Tuition and Fees: $3,105 per academic year for in-state residents, $4,545 per academic year for out-of-state residents (2018-2019)
- Admission Requirements: COMPASS testing, advisor appointment
- School Type: 2-year, public; about 14,913 students (all undergraduates)
Computer Animation Bachelor's Degree Programs in Omaha, NE
Bellevue University is just south of Omaha. This program offers an animation course that covers basic techniques, digital modeling, pre-production, perception and movement. You may also encounter additional courses in 2-D and 3D digital design, game development, narrative design, game programming, interactive sound design and user experience. This program provides opportunities to receive professional instruction when building your work portfolio. Before you can graduate, you must complete a thesis or participate in an internship.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Game Studies
- Program Length: 127 credit hours
- Tuition and Fees: $7,827 per academic year (2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, private; about 6,454 undergraduate and 3,167 graduate students
University of Nebraska at Omaha
The University of Nebraska at Omaha is located in downtown Omaha. Its bachelor's degree program in studio arts offers a concentration in intermedia that provides training in digital imaging, video and sound production and emerging computer technology. Courses offered may include digital media production, intermedia theory, color theory, video art, alternative media and computer generated imagery. You're also required to complete two independent study courses and a thesis. After your midterm review, you may be asked to complete a third independent study course.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Arts
- Specialized Areas: Intermedia
- Program Length: 120 credits
- Tuition and Fees: $7,790 per academic year for in-state residents, $20,764 per academic year for out-of-state residents (2018-2019)
- Admission Requirements: Written statement, studio portfolio, GPA and art courses required
- School Type: 4-year, public; about 15,431 students (12,430 undergraduates)
With the knowledge gained by reading this article, prospective computer animation students can decide if pursuing an associate's or bachelor's degree in the Omaha, NE, area makes sense.