Which Las Vegas Colleges Offer Human Resource Management Degrees?
Find out which Las Vegas, Nevada schools offer human resources management programs. See requirements and school information, and learn about different courses for a human resources education in Las Vegas.
Discover which schools in Las Vegas offer the best human resources management education for you.
What You Need to Know
Students interested in a career in human resources management may choose to earn a certificate or an associate's degree in or related to the field. Two levels of certificates are offered by a four-year public school: students may choose to earn a basic or an advanced certificate in human resource management. Students may also opt to take individuals classes in areas like communication strategies or human resources essentials. The advanced certificate program requires that students earn the basic certificate first. An associate's degree is also available in the area, offered by a public school and which requires four to five semesters of schooling. The degree title in officially in business management but allows students to concentrate their studies on human resource management. In addition to traditional instruction, some course requirements are fulfilled by group exercise classwork in the associate's degree program.
Certificate Programs in Las Vegas
University of Nevada - Las Vegas
Through the school's Division of Educational Outreach, you can take courses in human resources management. These courses can be completed individually or as part of a basic or advanced professional certificate program. The basic certificate program includes a human resources (HR) essentials course, but also allows you to choose from classes in topics like salary management, business writing, employment law, ethics, and communication strategies. To earn the advanced certificate, you need to fulfill the basic certificate requirements and complete an additional six classes. The program's curriculum also prepares you to qualify for the voluntary certification offered by the Society for Human Resource Management.
- Program Name: Human Resource Management Certificate
- Program Length: Courses range from one day to three months in length
- Tuition and Fees: $7,985 per year for in-state; $23,132 per year for out-of-state (2018-2019)
- School Type: Four-year, public; 30,457 students (25,282 undergraduate)
Associate's Degree Programs in Las Vegas
College of Southern Nevada
The associate's degree with an emphasis in human resource management is designed to prepare you for entry-level HR positions. The program consists of coursework in business law, human relations, small business management, leadership, and interviewing techniques. Program electives include public sector administration, women in management, financial accounting, and a management seminar. Some coursework occurs in a group exercise format.
- Program Name: Associate of Applied Science in Business Management
- Specialization Areas: Human resource management, international business, public sector relations, small business management, telecommunications/network
- Program Length: 61 credit hours (roughly four to five semesters)
- Tuition and Fees:$3,492 per year for in-state; $10,371 per year for out-of-state (2018-2019)
- School Type: Four-year, public; 34,169 students (all undergraduate)
Las Vegas has options at both the certificate and associate's degree levels for those wishing to earn an HR management credential from one of the city's colleges.