What Colleges Offer Medical Assisting Degrees in Denver, Colorado?
Learn about medical assisting programs in the Denver, CO, area. Get information about degrees available and program requirements to make an informed decision about your education.
Medical assisting certificates can be found at several schools near Denver, CO. Interested students can read on to get school and program information.
What You Should Know
Aspiring medical assistants in and around Denver will find programs at 3 schools in the area. You could earn a medical assisting certificate requiring 30-41 credits in as little as 9 months. Programs are hands-on, possibly including an externship, and can prepare you for industry certification exams. Read the following summaries to find out the types of basic skills that programs include.
Schools Offering Certificate Programs in Medical Assisting Near Denver, Colorado
Arapahoe Community College
Located in the large Denver suburb of Littleton, Arapahoe Community College features an extensive medical office technology department. The medical assistant certificate program can prepare you for the responsibilities of a typical medical assistant job, from office administration tasks to laboratory work and injections. In addition to learning clinical and administrative skills, you'll also serve a medical assistant internship to gain real-world experience.
- Program Name: Medical Office Technology: Medical Assistant Certificate
- Program Length: 36 credits
- Tuition and Fees: $3,918 per year for in-state students, $15,006 per year for out-of-state students (2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: Math and reading placement test scores or equivalent ACT/SAT scores, background check
- Requirements: Medical assistant internship
- School Type: 2-year, public; over 11,500 students (all undergraduate)
Community College of Denver
If you're interested in an accelerated certificate program in medical assisting, Community College of Denver may be a good option for you. The Comprehensive Medical Assistant Certificate curriculum can be completed in nine months and includes coursework in health law and ethics, medical office financial management and laboratory skills. You'll also be required to complete an internship and a review course to prepare for the National Registration/Certification Examination for Medical Assistants.
- Program Name: Comprehensive Medical Assistant Certificate
- Program Length: 30 credits (can be completed in nine months)
- Tuition and Fees: $4,750 per year for in-state students, $15,830 per year for out-of-state students (2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: Recommended introductory courses in anatomy and medical terminology
- Requirements: Medical assistant internship and national exam review course
- School Type: 2-year, public; over 7,800 students (all undergraduate)
Emily Griffith Technical College
Along with sharpening your communication skills and general medical knowledge, the medical assisting certificate program at Emily Griffith Technical College also includes training in administrative and clinical tasks. You'll learn about coding and filing insurance claims, arranging for hospital admissions and making appointments. The curriculum also includes courses dedicated to reviewing for the medical assistant national exam and studying health career options.
- Program Name: Medical Assisting Certificate
- Program Length: 41 credits
- Tuition and Fees: $10,042 per year (2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: Program entrance assessment test
- Requirements: Supervised externship
- School Type: Less than 2-year, public; over 5,000 students (all undergraduate)
Students near Denver, CO, can earn their certificate in medical assisting from several different public institutions.