What Schools Offer Computer Networking Degrees in Memphis, TN?
Learn about computer networking degrees in Memphis, Tennessee. Get information about programs available and admission requirements to make an informed decision about your education.
Live in Memphis, TN and interested in computer networking? Below are several programs that will help prepare you for a rewarding career in the field.
What You Need to Know
Computer networking degrees can be earned on the associate's and bachelor's degree level, usually in the information technology or computer science fields. Associate's degree programs often prepare you to pass industry certification exams. Bachelor's programs can include assistantships to gain additional experience.
Associate's Degree Programs near Memphis, Tennessee
Mid-South Community College
Upon completion of the Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology with a specialization in networking curriculum, you can pursue certifications such as the Cisco Certified Network Associate or CompTIA A+. Required courses for the program include database applications, Web page design, and UNIX fundamentals. In the Cisco concentration, you complete courses in LAN switching, routing protocols, and UNIX system administration. A learning experience and career preparation course are also included. This school also offers a network associate certificate program that prepares you to take the Cisco Certified Network Associate exam.
- Program Name: Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology
- Field of Study Option: Networking design and administration
- Program Length: 62 credit hours
- Tuition: $2,674 for in-district residents; $3,154 for in-state residents; $4,114 for out-of-state students (costs per academic year 2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: Satisfactory computer and software proficiency exam score or computer fundamentals course
- School Type: 2-year, public; 1,423 undergraduates
Southwest Tennessee Community College
You can pursue field certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate, CompTIA A+, Server+, and Network+ upon completion of Southwest Tennessee Community College's Associate of Applied Science with a specialization in networking technologies. You take courses such as Web page development, Cisco networking, Windows, UNIX/Linux operating systems, and network security. You learn to examine device configuration, analyze problems in networking, and implement network protocols.
- Program Name: Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology
- Field of Study Option: Networking Technologies
- Program Length: 60 credits
- Tuition: $4,255 for in-state students, $16,543 for out-of-state students (for academic year 2018-2019)
- School Type: 2-year, public; 9,347 undergraduates
Bachelor's Degree Programs near Memphis, Tennessee
University of Memphis
Students of the computer science program at the University of Memphis can apply for an undergraduate research assistantship in the Networking Research Lab in order to acquire additional career skills. The lab includes research areas in future Internet design, routing protocol, wireless sensory networks, and network security protocol design. Within the computer science program, you examine computing and mathematics, system design, development principles, and current techniques used in computing.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Program Length: 4 years, full-time
- Tuition: $9,317 for in-state students, $21,029 for out-of-state students (per academic year for 2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, public; 17,233 undergraduates and 4,225 graduates
In summary, while options may be somewhat limited in Memphis, TN, there are programs that can provide the necessary skills for a career in computer networking.