Which Schools Offer Healthcare Administration Degree in Mesa, AZ?
Learn about healthcare administration programs in the Mesa, AZ, area. Get information about degrees available and admission and program requirements to make an informed decision about your education.
Students can find undergraduate and graduate level degree programs in healthcare administration from private and public institutions in the Mesa, AZ, area. Read about the different degree programs below and learn about prerequisites, costs and length of time to complete the curriculum at three schools.
What You Need to Know
In Mesa, Arizona, healthcare administration can be studied through certificate and associate's-degree programs at an area community college. Arizona State University features a 4-year bachelor's program as well as a 2-year Master of Business Administration program which offers a specialization in Health Sector Management. Each of these programs emphasize topics such as human resources, customer service, medical terminology, healthcare systems, information management and healthcare policy law. Some courses may be offered online.
Healthcare Administration Associate Degree Programs in the Mesa Area
GateWay Community College
Located around 20 miles from Mesa, GateWay Community College offers both an associate degree and certificate in health services management. The degree program includes general education requirements along with a core set of courses in supervision, management, ethics/law and current issues in the field. You'll also complete coursework in accounting, medical terminology, customer service, human resources and communications. Completing a special project or participating in a service learning experience is required. GateWay offers courses in this program on the Phoenix campus as well as at area hospitals.
- Program: Associate in Applied Science in Health Services Management
- Program Length: 2 years
- Tuition and Fees: $2,070 per year for residents; $7,854 per year for non-residents (2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: Either a healthcare credential, 1 year of full-time work experience or a health sciences degree
- School Type: 2-year, public; over 5,000 students (all undergraduate)
Healthcare Administration Bachelor's Degree Programs in the Mesa Area
Ottawa University - Phoenix
If you're credentialed as a healthcare professional, you might be interested in Ottawa University's clinical track within the healthcare management program. This track includes coursework in healthcare policy, law, planning and human resources. A seminar, which will focus on applying healthcare management theories to problems, is required to complete the program. The non-clinical track requires the same courses, but also requires coursework in healthcare systems, medical terminology, business, accounting and economics.
You might opt to complete a related concentration in an area such as communication or human resources. Not all concentrations are available in Phoenix, but the university offers several online options. As an Arizona student, you will complete 8-week terms. Taking 6 credits per term is considered full-time.
- Program: Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Field of Study Options: Clinical track or non-clinical track
- Program Length: About 4 years, depending on enrollment status
- Tuition and Fees: $11,976 per year (2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: 30 credits of professional clinical training (for clinical track)
- Admission Requirements: Healthcare registry or certification (for clinical track)
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; over 800 students (close to 350 undergraduate)
Healthcare Administration Master's Degree Programs in the Mesa Area
Arizona State University
In addition to the core courses taken mostly in the first year, the Arizona State University's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program includes several specialization options. You must complete one specialization from areas such as information management, strategic marketing or financial management. You can choose to also complete an area of emphasis in the program, which includes health sector management.
Along with a required summer internship, you may choose to complete off-site electives in Washington, D.C., or in locales throughout the world. MBA courses can be taken during the week, on weekends, online or in the evenings.
- Program: Master of Business Administration
- Field of Study Options: Health sector management, entrepreneurship, finance, international business, marketing, leadership or supply chain management
- Program Length: 2 years
- Tuition and Fees: $12,134 per year for residents; $25,888 per year for non-residents (2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree and 2 years professional work experience
- Admission Requirements: GMAT, 2 recommendation letters, resume, 3 essays and interview
- School Type: 4-year, public; over 51,000 students (almost 43,000 undergraduate)
In conclusion, students in the Mesa, AZ, area can earn an associate, bachelor's, or master's degree in the healthcare administration field.