Which Business Schools Are in the San Antonio, TX Area?
If you have a talent for analyzing data and strong interpersonal skills, you might be well suited for a career in the business world. Read on to discover what options are available to you in San Antonio, TX.
Both Trinity University and the University of Texas offer degree programs in business in San Antonio, TX. In this article, some key information is provided so that you can come to a decision about where to enroll and study.
What You Need to Know
You can find business programs in San Antonio at the bachelor's and master's degree levels through private and public 4-year universities. These programs usually focus on business administration, but may also provide specializations in accounting, finance, international business and economics. Some accounting programs may prepare you to apply for the the Certified Public Accountant examination. Keep reading to learn about two business school options in the San Antonio, TX, area.
Business Schools in San Antonio, Texas
Trinity University in San Antonio, TX
Situated on a 117-acre campus in San Antonio, Texas, Trinity University was founded in 1869. Through the Department of Business Administration, you may study for a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration. If you select the B.S. degree, you can specialize in one of five areas, including international business and finance. The department also offers three minors in business.
At the graduate level, the department offers a Master of Science in Accounting. Courses you take include ethics and law, nonprofit accounting and fraud. As a master's holder, you have fulfilled the state of Texas' Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination education obligation.
- Program Names: Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Master of Science in Accounting
- Specialization Options: International business, finance and others
- Tuition & Fees: $42,976 per year (2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; 2,637 students (2,474 undergraduate)
University of Texas at San Antonio
Founded in 1969, the University of Texas at San Antonio's main campus sits on 725 acres of land. The College of Business offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs. As an undergraduate, you can pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), a Bachelor of Arts in Economics or a Bachelor of Science in Statistics. Within the BBA, you may choose to specialize in one of 15 concentrations, including accounting, general business, management and marketing.
The college also administers a Master of Business Administration, Master of Accountancy, Master of Arts in Economics and Master of Science with five concentration options. Additionally, you can enhance your educational experience and join a business-focused student society, such as the MBA Association or the Global Business Club.
- Program Names: Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Bachelor of Science in Statistics, Master of Business Administration, Master of Accountancy, Master of Arts in Economics, Master of Science in Business
- Specialization Options: Accounting, general business, management, marketing and others
- Tuition & Fees: $8,049 per year for in-state students; $19,538 per year for out-of-state students (2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, public; 32,264 students (27,988 undergraduate)
In summary, business programs can be found at the University of Texas at San Antonio and Trinity University in San Antonio, with both colleges offering specialization opportunities and the choice of either bachelor's or master's degree programs.