Which Colleges Have Business Management Degrees in Washington, DC?
Find schools in Washington, DC, offering business management programs and classes. Learn about degree requirements, prerequisites and course info to see if one of these programs might be right for you.
Several programs at the bachelor's and master's degree levels in Washington, DC, allow you to study or concentrate in business administration.
What You Need to Know
If you want to study business management in Washington, DC, you'll find bachelor's and master's degree programs in the field offered at local 4-year, private universities. You can expect to spend at least 4 years working toward a bachelor's degree and 2 years earning a master's degree. Various concentration areas are available, such as hospitality management or global business. To find out more about opportunities to pursue a business management degree in Washington, DC, continue reading.
Bachelor Programs with Business Management in Washington, DC
American University is a private university in the nation's capital and provides business degrees through the Kogod School of Business. The Kogod School provides five Bachelor of Science (B.S.) programs, including accounting, business administration, business language and culture, business and music and finance. All the programs require 33 credits in core business courses. Other coursework covers subjects like behavior and management, managerial accounting, production and operations management, principles of organizational theory or business policy and strategy. The business administration field has several concentrations that you may be interested in, including international management and general management. These management concentrations include courses in topics such as human capital, project management, negotiation, leading high-performance teams, entrepreneurship and international human resource management.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science
- Field of Study Options: Accounting, Business Administration, Business Language and Culture, Business and Music, Finance
- Program Length: 4 years
- Tuition: $30,744 (tuition and fees for 2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; about 8,287 undergraduate and 6,027 graduate students
Howard University is a historically black university tracing its founding in Washington, DC, back to 1866. The School of Business at Howard University contains the Department of Management. You can enroll in the management department and earn a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Management. There is also a concentration in hospitality management offered by the department. Management courses that you can expect to take include human resources management, small business management, comparative management, corporate culture and advanced organizational behavior.
- Program Name: BBA in Management
- Field of Study Options: Hospitality Management
- Program Length: 4 years
- Tuition: $26,756 (tuition and fees for 2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; about 6,243 undergraduate and 2,896 graduate students
Graduate Programs with Business Management in Washington, DC
George Washington University
Although a private school, George Washington University began as a federally supported school for the District of Columbia back in 1821. Today, it is the largest school in Washington, DC. The School of Business at George Washington University provides a Master of Business Administration (MBA), which can be taken as an accelerated program or in concentrations like the global MBA, professional MBA, world executive MBA or healthcare MBA. Core courses in the professional MBA program cover business law and communications, judgment and decisions, managerial accounting, marketing decisions, operations strategy and the nature of markets.
- Program Name: Master of Business Administration
- Field of Study Options: Accelerated MBA, Global MBA, Professional MBA, World Executive MBA, Healthcare MBA
- Program Length: 2 years
- Tuition: $30,780 (tuition and fees for 2018-2019)
- Admission Requirements: Professional resume, two letters of recommendation, two essays, official undergraduate transcripts, GMAT scores, optional interview
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; about 12,546 undergraduate and 15,626 graduate students
Georgetown University is the country's oldest Catholic university and one of the oldest colleges in Washington, DC, dating back to 1789. The McDonough School of Business offers graduate students the opportunity to earn an MBA. The MBA program is taken full-time with elective options in management, finance, marketing and strategy. Pertinent courses for potential managers include statistics for managers, community development strategy, defending the bottom line, managing human resources, managing organizational change and social entrepreneurship.
- Program Name: MBA in Management
- Program Length: 2 years
- Tuition: $459,560 (tuition and fees for 2018-2019)
- Admission Requirements: Personal essays, professional references, professional resume, GMAT scores, undergraduate transcripts
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; about 7,459 undergraduate and 11,745 graduate students
As you can see, there are many options for obtaining a degree in a business administration-related field, such as the bachelor's degree programs at American and Howard universities, or the master's programs and Georgetown and George Washington.