Which Oklahoma City, OK Colleges Have Hospitality Management Degrees?
Learn about hospitality management degree programs in the Oklahoma City area. See degree options, program requirements, and courses for the different schools available.
There are options to earn hospitality management degrees at the associate's, bachelor's and master's degree levels. Find out which schools in the Oklahoma City area offer them.
What You Need to Know
In Oklahoma City, universities offer hospitality management degrees at the associate's, bachelor's and master's degree levels. Degree programs may also be offered in specific hospitality fields, such as restaurant management or hotel management. These programs often include specializations within the degree to help students learn skills for the field in which they have a specific interest. Most programs include hands-on training, and many include internships. Overseas internships are also available. Graduate degree programs may include a thesis or final project. Schools in and near Oklahoma City that offer hospitality management degrees are outlined below. Read on to see if any will help you meet your career goals.
Hospitality Management Associate Degree Programs in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma State University - Oklahoma City
At the Oklahoma City campus of Oklahoma State University, you can find two different types of restaurant management programs. One is designed for prospective baker assistants, while the other is geared towards banquet catering. During the baker assistant program, you must take courses that cover cost control, food service, sanitation and dining room management. You must also complete a baker assistant practicum. If you'd rather pursue training to become a banquet caterer, you must also participate in a practicum, and your courses will include culinary skills, basic nutrition, revenue management and personal finance.
- Program Name: Associate of Applied Science in Restaurant Management
- Areas of Specialization: Baker assistant, banquet caterer
- Program Length: 2 years, full time
- Tuition and Fees: $4,498 per year for in-state; $10,594 per year for out-of-state (2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, primarily associate's, public; 5,701 students (all undergraduates)
Hospitality Management Bachelor's Degree Programs Near Oklahoma City
Oklahoma State University - Stillwater
The hotel and restaurant administration program at Stillwater (located about 60 miles from Oklahoma City) is designed for prospective lodging and restaurant managers. Your coursework revolves around both hospitality and business courses. You can take financial analysis and hospitality accounting classes, in addition to courses like lodging operations and quantity food production. The school also provides the opportunity for you to earn professional experience during the summer and even offers a European summer program. You'll need to accumulate 480 hours of experience before taking part in the program's required internship experience.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Human Sciences - Hotel and Restaurant Administration
- Areas of Specialization: Hotel administration, international hospitality, conference and meeting planning, club management, restaurant management, tourism
- Program Length: 4 years, full time
- Tuition and Fees: $9,019 per year for in-state; $24,539 per year for out-of-state (2018-2019)
- School Type: 4-year, public; 24,690 students (20,597 undergraduates)
Hospitality Management Master's Degree Programs Near Oklahoma City
Oklahoma State University - Stillwater
You can choose between three areas of concentration while taking this graduate program in hospitality management: hotel administration, restaurant and food service management and travel and tourism management. Additionally, you can complete a thesis or choose to partake in a creative project to complete your program. The school teaches practical skills in restaurant and hotel management, as well as research skills by looking at current trends and issues in the hospitality field.
- Program Name: Master of Science in Hospitality Administration
- Areas of Specialization: Hotel administration, restaurant and food service management, travel and tourism management
- Program Length: 4-5 semesters, full time
- Tuition and Fees: $8,460 per year for in-state; $23,963 per year for out-of-state (2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree in a major related to hospitality administration; prior work experience
- School Type: 4-year, public; 24,690 students (4,093 graduate students)
There are two main schools offering hospitality management degrees in Oklahoma City, with choices at the undergraduate and graduate levels to fit your needs.