Which Schools Offer Interior Design Degrees in the Jacksonville, FL Area?
Learn about interior design degree programs near Jacksonville, FL. Find out about undergraduate and graduation options, see program and specialization options, and degree requirements and classes.
Do you need to know about associate's, bachelor's and master's degree programs in Interior Design in the Jacksonville, FL area? Here you can learn about several programs to meet your education needs.
What You Need to Know
Interior design degrees offered in and around Jacksonville are typically found at 4-year schools. You might be interested in earning an associate's degree in interior design technology in about 2.5 years or a bachelor's degree in 4 years. Along with significant work experience, degree holders may qualify to sit for the industry registration exam. If you already have a bachelor's degree in any field, you could pursue a master's degree in interior design spanning 1-4 years, depending on your undergraduate degree.
Interior Design Technology Associate's Degree Program in Jacksonville, FL
Florida State College at Jacksonville
The interior design technology program at Florida State College uses a combination of laboratory, communication and theory learning strategies. After earning your degree, you'll be ready for a career at an interior design studio or architectural firm as a design assistant, CAD operator, space planner or sales representative. Your associate's degree and the proper amount of work experience can qualify you to take the licensing exam and become a registered interior designer. Your coursework will include commercial interiors, textiles, building construction management, drafting and building codes.
- Program Name: Associate in Science - Interior Design Technology
- Program Length: 75 credit hours (about 2.5 years, full-time)
- Tuition and fees: $2,878 per year for in-state residents, $9,992 per year for non-residents (as of 2018-2019 academic year)
- School Type: 4-year, primarily associate's, public; about 23,413 students (all undergraduate)
Interior Design Bachelor's Degree Program near Jacksonville, FL
University of Florida
Located about 50 miles from Jacksonville in Gainesville, the University of Florida features an accredited program where you'll have the opportunity to take trips to installations, firms and exhibitions. When you become an upper-division student, you'll be able to enroll in either an international program or the Preservation Institute. The program also requires students to take a field experience where they'll be exposed to professional opportunities. The curriculum covers architectural interiors, communication systems, computer applications, sustainable solutions and color theory. After earning your degree, you'll be ready to work in offices, healthcare facilities, residences and the hospitality industry.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Interior Design
- Program Length: 4 years, full-time
- Tuition and fees: $6,381 per academic year for in-state residents, $28,659 per academic year for out-of-state residents (as of 2018-2019 academic year)
- School Type: 4-year, public; approximately 52,218 students (about 35,491 undergraduates)
Interior Design Master's Degree Program near Jacksonville, FL
University of Florida
One requirement of the master's degree program at the University of Florida is a written research thesis that includes literature review, original research and study conclusions. While earning your master's, you'll learn about problem solving skills and research methods, in addition to developing a specialization. The university also offers a doctoral program in interior design, which is one of only a handful of such programs available across the nation.
- Program Name: Master of Interior Design
- Program Length: 1-4 years, full-time, depending on undergraduate education
- Tuition: $12,737 per academic year for in-state residents, $29,302 per academic year for out-of-state residents (as of 2018-2019 academic year)
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree in any field
- Admissions Requirements: Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores, statement of intent, letters of recommendation, portfolio
- School Type: 4-year, public; approximately 52,218 students (about 16,727 graduate students)
To summarize the information presented, several schools in the Jacksonville, FL area offer degree options in Interior Design - an associate's degree can be obtained through Florida State College at Jacksonville; and a bachelor's degree or master's degree can be obtained through the University of Florida.