To provide financial assistance to undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing bachelor level degrees related to business management, information systems management, marketing, finance, accounting, human resource management, and entrepreneurship.
- Award Type: $1,000 Annual Scholarship
- Duration: 1 year; recipients may reapply for one additional year.
- Number of Awards: At least one each year.
- Deadline: April 1st, 2017
Mallory Mann, Finance and Accounting at the University of Louisville
I plan to complete my undergraduate studies by December 2012, after which I plan to obtain full-time employment… I used to be a ballet dancer in Louisville professionally, so my future career goal is to be the senior financial controller or senior financial officer for a nonprofit organization, possibly in the arts, to pay homage to my past career.
This scholarship program is open to students pursuing business related majors including:
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Information Systems Management
- Bachelor of Marketing
- Bachelor of Finance
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship
Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history. Eligible students must be full-time students during the academic year the scholarship is received. Financial need is not considered.
Funds are sent directly to the recipient by check to the student's permanent mailing address.
Academic scholarship winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide Learn.org with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
How to Apply
The academic award is provided by Learn.org. The application process is completely online.
- Go to the scholarship application.
- Complete all the required information on the application form.
- When your application is complete, click the "Submit" button.