What Schools Have Multimedia Classes in Tulsa, OK?
Find out which Tulsa schools offer multimedia classes. See requirements and school information, and compare tuition costs for multimedia programs in Tulsa, OK.
Post-secondary students planning to pursue multimedia studies in the Tulsa, OK, area can choose between three schools that offer a one-year certificate, two-year associate's degree or four-year bachelor's degree.
What You Need to Know
Multimedia classes are offered at a few public and private schools in the Tulsa area, with program levels ranging from certificate to associate's and bachelor's degrees. The curriculum in these programs offers classes and hands-on learning where students can pick up skills and develop portfolios in preparation for employment. Campus facilities include specialized software and tools for student use. Associate's degree students can take an internship while bachelor's degree students must complete a final project to graduate.
A certificate program can be completed in fewer than two years, while an associate's degree takes two years, and a bachelor's degree takes four; you may be able to transfer associate's degree credits to a relevant bachelor's degree program. Find out more about a few schools below and explore program options.
Certificate Program near Tulsa, OK
Green Country Technology Center
While enrolled in the interactive media program at Green Country Technology Center, you learn about web site design, the fundamentals of animation, 2D animation and story boarding. During the 2011-2012 academic year, students were able to use a motion capture suit to animate and rig characters during their studies. Your instructors also teach you about the types of software utilized in web design and desktop publishing, as well as how to create and optimize graphics.
- Program Name: Interactive Media Certificate
- Program Length: Less than two years, full-time
- Tuition and Fees: $3,658 per academic year (for 2020-2021)
- School Type: Less than two year, public; roughly 260 students (all undergraduates)
Associate's Degree Program near Tulsa, OK
Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology
Oklahoma State University offers students access to advanced software and equipment. The institute has a 100% job placement record for their graduates, and boasts that it offers courses that are focused on building portfolios to help graduates in their job searches. The program has a number of internship opportunities with several industries and networks. Earned credits may transfer to a 4-year bachelor's degree program in the field.
- Program Name: Associate in Applied Science in Multimedia Technology
- Program Length: Two years, full-time
- Tuition and Fees: In-state, $5,774 per academic year; out-of-state, $11,384 per academic year (for 2020-2021)
- School Type: 4-year, public; about 2,305 students (all undergraduates)
Bachelor's Degree Program in Tulsa, OK
Oral Roberts University
At this school, you take fundamental media courses during your first two years of study and apply to the multimedia production program in your sophomore year. In your junior year, you gain hands-on knowledge in addition to your regular classroom work. You spend your senior year on a final media project and mediating a marketing campaign. After earning your degree, you have a web portfolio to show to potential employers. Students also have their own computers with video editing, Photoshop and effects software.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science - Multimedia Production
- Program Length: Four years, full-time
- Tuition and Fees: $30,930 per academic year (for 2021-2021)
- Admission Requirements: Must rank in the top 40% of your graduating class
- School Type: 4-year, private, not-for-profit; roughly 3,581 undergraduate and 579 graduate students
Three schools in the Tulsa, OK, area offer multimedia programs for post-secondary students that can lead to completion of a certificate, associate's degree or bachelor's degree in this discipline.