Schools for Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialists

Explore associate's and bachelor's degree programs in areas like cardiovascular technology, which can prepare you to become a cardiovascular invasive specialist. Get info about the coursework in these programs. Check the availability of online and hybrid programs in this field of study, and find out how they work. Review the requirements for becoming registered as a cardiovascular invasive specialist. Schools offering Cardiovascular Technology degrees can also be found in these popular choices.

Aspiring cardiovascular invasive specialists have some options as far as undergraduate education, with degree programs available at the associate and bachelor degree level. You can better understand these programs, their coursework, program availability, and outcomes through this article.

What Programs Can Prepare Me to Become a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist?

If you're interested in becoming a cardiovascular invasive specialist, you'll find many 2-year degree programs at community and technical colleges in cardiovascular technology. Commonly conferring an Associate in Applied Science or Associate of Occupational Science, these programs combine classroom instruction with clinical experience. In an associate degree program, you'll get hands-on training with the equipment used for invasive cardiology procedures, such as cardiac catheterization. You might need to complete specific coursework before enrolling in an associate degree program, and schools usually require you to submit health records before participating in clinical rotations. A few schools offer some introductory classes online, though the majority of the curricula needs to be completed on campus.

You can also earn a bachelor's degree in cardiovascular or cardiopulmonary technology at some 4-year universities. The major typically offers several health-related concentrations, including invasive specialties. Your studies generally consist of common cardiac procedures, including how to administer cardiac examinations and screen patients for heart-related conditions. You'll also spend significant time during your final year or so engaging in clinical practice under the supervision of physicians. Online education is usually more common at the bachelor's degree level, but you could still need to participate in some campus courses or on-site practicums.

How Can I Earn a Degree Online?

Associate degree programs that offer online coursework usually have requirements that must be met on campus. Web-based courses at this level often consist of introductory topics in general healthcare or medical terminology. At the bachelor's degree level, schools with online programs can require that you have already completed some coursework or an associate degree, have some experience in the field and are registered as a cardiovascular technician. Schools might use a content management system, like Blackboard or Angel, to deliver your course materials and allow teacher-student interaction. If you already work in the healthcare field and your degree program has internship or clinical requirements, you might be able to satisfy them through your current job.

Which Schools Offer Associate Degree Programs in Cardiovascular Technology?

Associate degree programs in cardiovascular technology are relatively common, and can be found at many colleges. Some of these schools include:

  • El Centro College hosts an Associate of Applied Science in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology degree program
  • Milwaukee Area Technical College provides an Associate in Applied Science in Cardiovascular Technology degree program
  • Sentara College of Health Sciences offers an Associate of Applied Science in Cardiovascular Technology degree program

Which Schools Offer Bachelor Degree Programs in Cardiovascular Technology?

There are numerous schools which let students earn a bachelor's degree in cardiovascular technology, including the ones below:

  • University of South Carolina houses a Bachelor of Science in Cardiovascular Technology degree program
  • Oregon Institute of Technology delivers an online Bachelor of Science in Vascular Technology degree completion program
  • Piedmont College has a Bachelor of Science in Cardiovascular Technology degree program

How Do I Become Registered?

Registration is voluntary, though it attests to your expertise in the field, and some employers might require it. Cardiovascular Credentialing International offers the Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist certification if you pass the Invasive Registry Examination. To qualify for the test, you'll need to either complete an academic program in a healthcare field with experience in invasive cardiovascular procedures or earn a certificate or degree specifically in invasive cardiovascular technology. Your initial credential is valid for one year, and as long as you meet continuing education requirements, you can continue to renew it every three years (

Associate and bachelor degree programs in cardiovascular technology are common offerings at colleges and universities, and can even be found online or in hybrid format degree programs. Either degree level will qualify you to register as a cardiovascular invasive specialist, and give you a firm career footing in the field.

To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below:

  • 1. Degree Options:
The schools in the listing below are not free and may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users. Tuition and costs will vary across programs and locations. Be sure to always request tuition information before starting a program.

Popular Schools