What Colleges Offer Web Development Degrees in Boston, MA?
Learn about web development programs in the Boston, MA area. Get information about degrees and certificates available as well as program requirements to make an informed decision about your education.
Are you looking for colleges in Boston, MA, that offer web development degrees? Here you'll find information about the certificate programs and associate's degrees available in the area, as well as details about the schools offering them.
What You Need to Know
You can acquire web development skills through certificate and associate's degree programs. Some programs are in computer information systems but offer a concentration in web development. Prerequisites can include English, math, and communications courses or adequate placement scores. Some programs will require you to have access to particular hardware and operations systems; others might require you to pass background checks in order to participate in required cooperative education experiences.
Schools Offering Certificate Programs in Web Development in the Boston, MA, Area
Bunker Hill Community College
- Program Name: Web Development Certificate Program
- Program Length: 27 credits
- Tuition and Fees: $4,464 per year for in-state students; $9,408 per year for out-of-state students (for 2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: Introductory English and math courses or qualifying scores on placement tests
- School Type: 2-year, public; 12,522 students (all undergraduate)
Massachusetts Bay Community College
Located about ten miles from downtown Boston, Massachusetts Bay Community College offers a web developer certificate program as part of the school's division of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The 23-credit program includes coursework in web design, database management, computer networking, and project management. After completing the program, you'll have the tools necessary to build dynamic and informative web applications.
- Program Name: Web Developer Certificate
- Program Length: 23 credits
- Tuition and Fees: $5,088 per year for in-state students; $10,032 per year for out-of-state students (for 2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent
- School Type: 2-year, public; 4,368 students (all undergraduate)
North Shore Community College
Set in a suburban area about 15 miles from Boston, North Shore Community College offers a two-semester web development certificate program that can expand your web technology skills and prepare you for entry-level work as a web developer. The main focus of the program is the development of websites through visual design and programming that meets the needs of both businesses and clients. You'll learn about web graphics and programming with the XML, HTML, and SQL languages.
- Program Name: Web Development Certificate
- Program Length: 27 credits
- Tuition and Fees: $5,184 per year for in-state students; $10,752 per year for out-of-state students (for 2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent, introductory communications and math courses may be necessary (can be avoided with qualifying scores on placement tests)
- School Type: 2-year, Public; 5,763 students (all undergraduate)
Schools Offering Associate's Degree Programs in Web Development in the Boston, MA, Area
Bristol Community College
Located about 45 miles from Boston in Fall River, Bristol Community College offers a webmaster career program that can lead to an array of web development positions. Creative development is emphasized in the associate's degree program, with lessons in database management and various programming languages also included in the curriculum. You'll also learn about hardware fundamentals, interactive websites, security systems, and operating systems.
- Program Name: Associate in Science in Computer Information Systems (Webmaster Concentration)
- Program Length: 61-62 credits
- Tuition and Fees: $4,776 per year for in-state students; $9,720 per year for out-of-state students (for 2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent, general education course requirements
- Requirements: Students may be required to obtain specific hardware, operating systems, or applications
- School Type: 2-year, Public; 7,214 students (all undergraduate)
Quinsigamond Community College
Situated about 40 miles from downtown Boston, Quinsigamond Community College offers an expansive associate's degree program in web development. Along with learning to write programs with many languages, you'll also serve in a cooperative work experience course that allows you to apply classroom knowledge to real-world work experience. Other courses in the curriculum focus on systems analysis, database management, internet server technologies, and technical writing.
- Program Name: Computer Information Systems Associate Degree: Web Development Option
- Program Length: Four semesters
- Tuition and Fees: $5,586 per year for in-state students; $10,530 per year for out-of-state students (for 2018-2019)
- Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent, three years of high school English, and one year of high school algebra (or their equivalents) with grades of C or higher
- Requirements: Criminal background check, fingerprinting, and drug testing may be required for students enrolled in computer systems cooperative education course
- School Type: 2-year, Public; 7,263 students (all undergraduate)
For students who want to study web development in Boston, MA, they can explore the three different certificate programs offered, each placing a specific focus on web development; alternatively, the associate's degree programs focus on computer information systems, with concentrations on web development available.