What Colleges Offer Web Development Degrees in Louisville, KY?
Find schools in Louisville, KY, offering web development degree programs and courses. Learn about program requirements and school details to make an informed decision.
Several schools in the Louisville, KY, area offer courses and degree programs in web development. This article will cover important details such as program names, length, tuition, enrollment data, and more.
What You Need to Know
Web development degrees are offered as associate- and bachelor's-level programs. Computer information systems, information technology, and computer science are all disciplines that include web development topics and sometimes offer concentrations in that area. Some programs also offer internship and cooperative education projects. In the Louisville, KY, area, these programs are available at 2-year, public schools, as well as at public and private 4-year schools. One relevant school is located nearby in Indiana.
Associate's Degree Programs Near Louisville, KY
Ivy Tech Community College - South Central Campus in Indiana
In the A.A.S. program, you complete courses in website development, database design and management, microcomputer operating systems, logic, programming, and systems analysis. The A.S. program is developed to help students transfer to a related bachelor's degree program and features general education, elective, and basic computer information systems courses. Regardless of your program, you must take a capstone course during your final semester of study. This school also offers a 27-credit certificate program in computer information systems with courses in web administration and website design.
- Program Name: Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) in Computer Information Systems
- Program Length: 2 years, full-time
- Tuition and Fees (2018-2019): $4,368 for in-state and $8,402 for out-of-state students
- School Type: 2-year, public; student population: N/A
Jefferson Community and Technical College
This school is located in the middle of downtown Louisville. Technical core courses in its computer and information technologies program cover topics in computational thinking, programming languages, Internet technologies, computer hardware, database design fundamentals, and security fundamentals. You may also take courses in web programming languages, Internet protocols, web server administration, webpage development, data-driven web pages, website design, and applied Internet technologies. You must complete a computer information technology capstone course prior to graduation.
- Program Name: Associate in Applied Science in Computer and Information Technologies
- Specialization Areas: Internet technologies (includes specialization sequences in web programming and administration)
- Program Length: 66 credit hours
- Tuition and Fees (2018-2019): $4,328 for in-state students; $14,480 for out-of-state students
- School Type: 2-year, public; 11,699 students (all undergraduates)
Bachelor's Degree Programs in Louisville, KY
Located in the eastern portion of downtown Louisville, Bellarmine University's computer science bachelor's degree program offers training in software design and development, algorithms, operating systems, data structures, and logic design. This program also offers two courses covering website development. If you're interested in training in a professional environment, this program also allows you to fulfill elective requirements by participating in an internship.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
- Program Length: 4 years, full-time
- Tuition and Fees (2018-2019): $42,200 for in-state and out-of-state students
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; 3,369 students (2,552 undergraduates)
University of Louisville
This program requires you to complete business core courses covering corporate finance, operations management, organizational behavior, marketing principles, and computer information systems. The Web development concentration includes courses in Web architecture, software development, systems analysis and design, infrastructure technologies, information systems management, and database design. To graduate, you must participate in cooperative education and complete a computer information systems project.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Specialization Areas: Web development
- Program Length: 123 credit hours
- Tuition and Fees (2018-2019): $11,656 for in-state and $27,278 for out-of-state students
- School Type: 4-year, public; 21,430 students (15,641 undergraduates)
Prospective students in the Louisville area can find undergraduate degrees, primarily at the bachelor's level, in a variety of computer-focused majors that provide courses and specializations in web development.