View all online programs
About University of Virginia
Founded in 1819, the University of Virginia is an iconic public institution of higher education, boasting nationally ranked schools and programs, diverse and distinguished faculty, a major academic medical center and proud history as a renowned research university. For decades, it has ranked consistently among the very best public universities in the country, and UVA is regularly cited for providing best value and return on investment.
UVA's School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) is dedicated to serving adult and nontraditional students through flexible online instruction tailored for working adults.
SCPS offers two bachelor's completion programs and 14 graduate and undergraduate certificate programs focusing on areas such as business, management, technology, and health care, all online.
If you're seeking a broad and flexible undergraduate program that allows you to earn a degree online, then you might seek SCPS's Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies. Concentration areas offered include business, cybersecurity, information technology, early childhood development, health care management, and liberal arts. SCPS also offers an online Bachelor of Professional Studies in Health Sciences Management, designed primarily for professionals in the areas of medical laboratory technology, emergency medical services, radiography, and physical or occupational therapy who might hold an associate's degree and wish to further their education to advance their career. Certificate programs are awarded at the undergraduate or graduate level primarily in business-oriented areas such as accounting, project management, digital marketing, public relations, and human resources.
The University of Virginia is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The acclaimed university has most recently been ranked as the #2 Best Value Public University, #4 Best Public National University by U.S. News and World Report (2020) and #1 Best Value College in Virginia 2019 by Forbes and Best Value Public College 2019 by The Princeton Review.
'' It's a personal challenge just to say that I have achieved a degree from UVA. I wouldn't have been able to do this 15 years ago when I got out of high school. The School of Continuing and Professional Studies gives me an opportunity to continue my degree at a pace that worked for me.''
- Tyler Dean, University of Virginia Graduate
''My professors did an excellent job of communicating their enthusiasm for material that might otherwise be dry...I would recommend UVA's certificate program to anyone.''
- Fran Marshall, University of Virginia Graduate
Why University of Virginia?
- Flexibility: In addition to the flexibility of online learning that allows you to maintain personal and professional schedules, you can choose to take courses at your pace.
- Top Faculty: You will have the opportunity to learn from faculty members who are leaders in their respective fields; students have given an 'A' to the School's faculty in areas of quality and expertise.
- Financial Assistance: Federal loans, grants, and work study options are available if you are pursuing a degree from SCPS.
- Career Center: You will have access to Handshake, a recruiting platform that offers career counseling, connections to employers, workshops and networking events, and an online Resource Library.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
As an applicant to the University of Virginia's SCPS programs, you must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
University of Virginia offers the following degree programs:
- Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies
- BIS Art and Society
- BIS Business
- BIS Cyber Security Analysis
- BIS Early Childhood
- BIS Healthcare Management
- BIS History and Politics
- BIS Individualized/Other
- BIS Information Technology
- BIS Liberal Arts
- BIS Psychology
- BIS Writing
- Accounting Certificate
- Certified Financial Planning Certificate
- Cyber Security Analysis Certificate
- Cyber Security Management Certificate
- Health Sciences Management Certificate
- Information Technology Certificate
- Leadership Certificate
- Leadership in Human Resources Management Certificate
- Procurement and Contracts Management Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
- Public Administration Certificate