Request School Information
Complete the form below to request specific information regarding questions you have including course cost and course length.
View all online programs
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Why Penn Foster?
- Affordable Tuition - Books, equipment, and learning aids are all included in the affordable tuition price.
- Convenience - Study whenever and wherever you choose, and still have time for your family and your social life.
- Reliability - Penn Foster training methods have helped students begin their path toward better jobs and better lives for over 100 years.
- Support - You can get help from instructors, consultants, and Penn Foster's staff whenever you need it.
About Penn Foster
Thomas J. Foster founded Penn Foster more than 125 years ago as a correspondence school for coal miners, and it has educated more than 13 million adult learners. This online, accredited institution offers a variety of career diploma, certificate, and degree programs in a variety of fields. These flexible programs are available through its Penn Foster College and Penn Foster Career School.
Penn Foster Career School specializes in career training programs designed to help graduates enter the workforce. There are more than 80 career diploma and certificate program available in areas ranging from health services and criminal justice to business and technology. The self-paced and affordable programs are designed to provide students with career-relevant skills while keeping up with their current life and work commitments.
Students who enroll in Penn Foster College can choose between a variety of online associate and bachelor's degrees, career diplomas, and undergraduate certificates, or they can choose to enroll in individual courses. Associate degrees are available in fields like marketing, early childhood education, veterinary technician, and graphic design. Bachelor's degrees are available in business management and criminal justice. Students seeking an undergraduate certificate can choose between options in human resources, graphic design, general studies, and child development.
As soon as students enroll, they can take advantage of Penn Foster's Career Services, which include resume writing and interviewing tips, job search engines, help on building a portfolio, and much more.
Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster College are nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). Faculty can correspond and provide feedback to students via phone, e-mail, chat, and postal mail.
'I am very happy with the education I am receiving from Penn Foster. Penn Foster has 'kept up' with the current trends in the business world, as well as followed, almost exactly, the curriculum of a more expensive college. Penn Foster gives people who can't afford the tuition of an on-site university a good, quality education. The knowledge I have acquired has helped my husband's business tremendously!'
- B. Vaughn, FL
'I have taken several programs through Penn Foster, and I've always been pleased with how the programs are laid out. I would encourage anyone who wishes to increase their knowledge to take programs through Penn Foster.'
- T. Achilles, AZ
'I like the flexibility of Penn Foster. You go at your own pace and there are no deadlines. I study while I'm watching horse shows; I study while I'm at the ball field; I take my books everywhere I go!'
- Nikki H.
Penn Foster offers the following degree programs:
- Career Diploma - Auto Repair Technician
- Career Diploma - Diesel Mechanics/Heavy Truck Maintenance
- Career Diploma - Motorcycle Repair Technician
- Career Diploma - Small Engine Repair
- Certificate - Automotive HVAC Essentials
- Career Diploma - Administrative Assistant
- Career Diploma - Bookkeeping
- Career Diploma - Small Business Management
- Career Diploma - Virtual Assistant
- Certificate - Accounting Essentials
- Career Diploma - Dressmaking and Design
- Career Diploma - Freelance Writer
- Career Diploma - Drafting with AutoCAD
- Certificate - AutoCAD Essentials
- Associate Degree: Veterinary Technician
- Career Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Career Diploma - Home Health Aide
- Career Diploma - Medical Billing and Coding
- Career Diploma - Medical Transcriptionist
- Career Diploma - Optician
- Career Diploma - Pharmacy Technician Professional
- Career Diploma: Veterinary Assistant
- Certificate - Child Psychology
- Certificate - Fitness and Nutrition
- Certificate - Medical Terminology
- Career Diploma - Legal Secretary
- Career Diploma - Electronics Technician
- Career Diploma - PC Maintenance and Repair
- Career Diploma - Carpenter
- Career Diploma - Certified Wedding Planner
- Career Diploma - Dog Obedience Trainer/Instructor
- Career Diploma - Gunsmith
- Career Diploma - HVACR Technician
- Career Diploma - Home Remodeling and Repair
- Career Diploma - Locksmith & Home Security Technician
- Career Diploma - Plumber
- Career Diploma - Private investigator
- Career Diploma - Residential Electrician
- Career Diploma - Wildlife/Forestry Conservation
- Certificate - Pet Grooming
Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Penn Foster Career School and Penn Foster College are accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). Penn Foster College is licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education and is authorized to award Associate of Science Degrees, Bachelor of Science Degrees, Undergraduate Certificates, and Career Diplomas. Penn Foster is a Better Business Bureau accredited business.